View Poll Results: Is Richard Glossip Innocent of the Murder of Barry Van Treese?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Yes

6 37.50%
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Richard Eugene Glossip - Oklahoma Execution - Stayed

He’s running out of options at this point.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    SCOTUS has granted AG Drummond's request for extension. Time is now extended to and including July 5th, 2023.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/22-7466.html

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    The Van Treese Family and the Oklahoma District Attorneys Association filed a joint brief with SCOTUS, in which they literally shred both Drummond and Duncan into pieces. If SCOTUS rejects this, we can positively say that the moral corruption is beyond repair.

Senior Member CnCP Addict one_two_bomb's Avatar
    Who sets dates in Oklahoma? Is it the AG or the state supreme court?

The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member Frequent Poster Steven AB's Avatar
    But can it set one only at the AG's request, or also at the request of someone else such as the local prosecutor, or sua sponte?
    "If ever there were a case for a referendum, this is one on which the people should be allowed to express their own views and not irresponsible votes in the House of Commons." — Winston Churchill, on the death penalty

The self-styled "Death Penalty Information Center" is financed by the oligarchic European Union. — The Daily Signal

Oklahoma AG files brief with SCOTUS for writ of certiorari in Richard Glossip case

Glossip was convicted of the 1997 murder of his boss Barry Van Treese.

By Addison Kliewer
    koco.com

OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma Attorney General Gentner Drummond filed Wednesday a brief in support of death row inmate Richard Glossip's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court for a writ of certiorari.

Glossip was convicted of the 1997 murder of his boss Barry Van Treese. Drummond contends Glossip's conviction should be vacated and remanded back to the district court after revelations of false testimony by the prosecution's key witnesses surfaced, according to a news release by the attorney general's office.

“The conviction, in this case, was obtained through false testimony that the prosecution elicited but failed to correct from the most indispensable witness at Glossip’s second trial – indeed, from the person who actually delivered the fatal blows to the victim and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors to avoid facing the death penalty himself,” said Wednesday’s brief.

The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals in April rejected Glossip's application for post-relief convictions. That ruling prompted Glossip to request the U.S. Supreme Court weigh in on the issue.

Glossip was initially charged with accessory to murder. Glossip's co-worker confessed to beating Van Treese to death, but, as part of a plea agreement, the co-worker testified that Glossip offered to pay him for killing Van Treese.

Glossip was convicted of first-degree murder in 1998. The co-worker, who was the prosecution's star witness, was convicted and sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

Upon taking office, Drummond began looking for answers in the Glossip case. Evidence that the witness was allowed to give false testimony that failed to disclose he had been prescribed medication for a serious psychiatric condition was found by the attorney general's office, according to the news release.

“At the very least, there is a reasonable probability that evidence casting doubt on a centerpiece of the State’s theory would have been enough to persuade a juror to reject the death penalty," said the news release.

https://www.koco.com/amp/article/okl...ossip/44450361

Edit: Distributed for conference 10/27/23.

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Petition for certiorari GRANTED.

Lower Ct: Court of Criminal Appeals of Oklahoma
    Case Numbers: (PCD-2023-267)
    Decision Date: April 20, 2023

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread Information