Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Eugene Johnson - Oklahoma Death Row

Family of Brooke Whitaker and daughter Kya happy with Supreme Court lethal injection decision

The U.S. Supreme Court upheld the use of one of the drugs used in Oklahoma's drug cocktail for lethal injections.

Three death row inmates claimed the method constitutes cruel and unusual punishment. The justices disagreed by a five to four margin. That now clears the way to schedule the executions of those inmates.

For every inmate who sits on Oklahoma's death row, there is a family that is waiting for justice. One them is the Tulsa family of Brooke Whitaker and her baby daughter Kya.

They were murdered by Brooke's ex-boyfriend eight years ago this month. Her aunt applauds today's Supreme Court decision.

"He took our precious girls from us. And he just needs to go away," says Angie Short.

On June 23, 2007, Short's niece, Brooke Whitaker was attacked in her Tulsa home by her ex-boyfriend, Raymond Johnson. It was a brutal crime that shocked even experienced detectives. Johnson beat Brooke with a hammer and set her on fire along with her 7-month-old daughter Kya. Raymond Johnson was sentenced to die for their murders.

Short says the Supreme Court made the right decision in declaring Oklahoma's lethal injection cocktail as legal. Her only concern is for any further delays the legal objection may have added on the already lengthy appeals process for death row inmates.

"So it's good news to me that things are going to move on. And they won't be delayed anymore hopefully.. and Raymond Johnson will move up the line."

Short says she will be there to witness Raymond Johnson's execution, and that day she says can't get here soon enough for her family.

"I will be there. May family wants to be there. Some people may think that's barbaric. But what he did to my family, no one understands the pain that we have to go through every single day."

So far no date has been set for Raymond Johnson's execution.

As for the three inmates who filed the objection, State Attorney General Scott Pruitt announced late Monday has instructed the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals to go ahead and set execution dates for those men.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/...ction-decision
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Emergency
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

For every inmate who sits on Oklahoma's death row, there is a family that is waiting for justice. One them is the Tulsa family of Brooke Whitaker and her baby daughter Kya.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/...ction-decision
    And for every inmate who sits on that death row there is a family...hoping that he/she will not to be executed, because they love their brother/sister/daughter/son/mother/father....

There are two sides to every coin...

Oops! Did I just roll my eyes out loud?

Emergency
    Are you not able to answer seriously?
    Whenever an inmate is executed, there are even more people who grieve for someone...

Taras
    I'm new here but I have to put my .02 in.

You are correct that people grieve for their loved one, it's human nature.

The person being executed chose to commit the crime that landed them on the gurney. They chose to take a life, their victim wasn't given the opportunity to say goodbye, live out their dreams, nothing. So, you want to blame the death penalty for the pain that the condemned's family is going to feel??? Come on now... Nobody made them do it, it is 100% the fault of the criminal. So, put the blame where it belongs!

Emergency
    Yes, that's correct and they have to purge, without question. But it doesn't makes it better (or brings the victims back), when even more people die. A life in prison without parole is a much better way in my opinion.

I also can understand, that most of the victims families want the inmate die, that's an emotional reaction. But WE - who are NOT emotional - can think logical/rational and can so do something, that is more intelligent than an execution (which is - by the way - an expensive procedure).

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    This is off topic so this will be my only contribution unless admins move these posts to a more appropriate thread:

It's not as if families of the perpetrator are always entirely happy with their relative going to prison for life either, for example. Indeed, if the relatives of a murderer behave like that, what I say about their grief is: "and?", they're as much guilty in my mind as the murderer was, since they've consistently supported their little brat as he developed into the fungus that feeds off the pond scum.

And nor do families of the condemned universally oppose their executions, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Emergency View Post
    Are you not able to answer seriously?
    Whenever an inmate is executed, there are even more people who grieve for someone...

Quote Originally Posted by Taras View Post
    I'm new here but I have to put my .02 in.
    And thank you for your 2 cents, but I have found it is best to reply with snide comments, piss the antis off so they will go away. If you engage them they end up hijacking threads to push their nonsense.

I don't see a point in debating who has the right to grieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard86 View Post
    This is off topic so this will be my only contribution unless admins move these posts to a more appropriate thread:

It's not as if families of the perpetrator are always entirely happy with their relative going to prison for life either, for example. Indeed, if the relatives of a murderer behave like that, what I say about their grief is: "and?", they're as much guilty in my mind as the murderer was, since they've consistently supported their little brat as he developed into the fungus that feeds off the pond scum.

And nor do families of the condemned universally oppose their executions, for example.
    I have an uncle, who is in prison, for life, for bank robbery and murder. And nobody grieves over him, nobody misses him and we all know what he is, which is a piece of scum.
    Last edited by Mike; 07-02-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Emergency
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

And thank you for your 2 cents, but I have found it is best to reply with snide comments, piss the antis off so they will go away. If you engage them they end up hijacking threads to push their nonsense.

I don't see a point in debating who has the right to grieve!
    I understand. Without arguments it's hard to answer seriously. It's okay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information