Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gilbert Ray Postelle - Oklahoma Execution - February 17, 2022

Apparently Postelle has an 18 year old child, meaning he had a child at 17. It's depressing how almost every single death row inmate is emblematic of dysgenics. Gilbert is removed from society permanently at 18, yet that was still enough time for him to reproduce. I can only imagine how many kids he would have had if he hadn't committed murder. And this isn't isolated either. Many death row inmates who went away by their early 20s already have had children. Hell, Kenneth Williams of Arkansas was a grandfather at 38 when he was executed.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

I heard his daughter is begging for his life to be spared
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    … Many death row inmates who went away by their early 20s already have had children. Hell, Kenneth Williams of Arkansas was a grandfather at 38 when he was executed.
    Hell, Gary Graham/Shaka Sankofa had already sired two kids by the time he was arrested at 17. I guess being silly and not wrapping your willy ends up snowballing.

Also, I remember reading some sort of journal article from Ramiro Gonzales where he claimed to have impregnated an 18 year old when he himself was 12. Pretty lofty claim, but still
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Also, I remember reading some sort of journal article from Ramiro Gonzales where he claimed to have impregnated an 18 year old when he himself was 12. Pretty lofty claim, but still
    I’m sure his lawyer will bring that up in his Intellectual Disability claim to the TCCA
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

As with many of their claims regarding alleged "childhood abuse". I don't believe most of these children are theirs. These children are just used as props by the mother and inmate, and it's gross.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Hell, Gary Graham/Shaka Sankofa had already sired two kids by the time he was arrested at 17. I guess being silly and not wrapping your willy ends up snowballing.

It's certainly possible, and if true, that's abuse on the woman's part. Death row inmates are disproportionately affected by sexual abuse relative to the average population.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Authorities set for hearings over two Oklahoma death row inmates' executions

Lawyers for Donald Grant and Gilbert Postelle say the way Oklahoma carries out the death penalty has a "substantial risk of severe pain and suffering."
    By KOCO News Staff

OKLAHOMA CITY — Two Oklahoma death row inmates have hearings scheduled for Monday, hoping their executions are stopped.

Lawyers for Donald Grant and Gilbert Postelle say the way Oklahoma carries out the death penalty has a "substantial risk of severe pain and suffering."

Grant was sentenced to death for a 2001 double murder. Though he admits to the murders, Grant's lawyers claim he is severely mentally ill and shouldn’t be executed.

"Mr. Grant is well aware he’s going to be executed. He does not wish to be executed. He is afraid, and he understands that he may die like John Grant. And he’s terrified of that," attorney Susan Otto said.

Postelle was convicted in four murders that happened on Memorial Day in 2005. He believed the four people he killed were responsible for injuring his father in a motorcycle accident.

Postelle said he was addicted to meth from a young age and doesn't remember the crime.

The Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board denied clemency for Grant and Postelle in late 2021.

A trial in February also will decide whether Oklahoma can continue its lethal injection protocols. Judge Stephen Friot will decide whether Oklahoma's lethal injection protocol is constitutional.

If so, around two dozen inmates could immediately get execution dates. If not, there would be new delays in executing a total of more than 40 people on death row.

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...telle/38709438
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Judge refuses to stay Oklahoma executions of Donald Grant and Gilbert Ray Postelle

A federal judge on Friday refused to block Oklahoma from carrying out the next two scheduled executions.

Donald A. Grant is set to be executed Jan. 27 by lethal injection, and Gilbert Ray Postelle is set to be executed Feb. 17.

Their attorneys complained that the state use of a sedative, midazolam, will expose them to an unconstitutional level of pain during the procedure.

They pointed to what happened during an execution Oct. 28 as proof.

U.S. District Judge Stephen Friot heard testimony about that execution during an almost 10-hour hearing Monday in Oklahoma City federal court.

"It is sufficient to say here that a prisoner who challenges the state’s method of execution must show that the state’s method presents 'a substantial risk of severe pain,'" he wrote in his order Friday, quoting from U.S. Supreme Court decisions.

"A method of execution that presents a 'substantial risk' is one that 'is sure or very likely to cause serious illness and needless suffering.' ... Grant and Postelle have not made that showing.

"They have not shown that, in the words of the Supreme Court, it is 'sure or very likely' that their executions will entail physical pain more severe than that attendant to the insertion of the IV catheters."

Donald Grant, 46, was sentenced to death for killing two workers at a LaQuinta Inn in Del City during a 2001 robbery.

Postelle, 35, was convicted of murdering four people on Memorial Day 2005 outside a trailer in Del City. He was sentenced to death for two of the murders and to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the other two.

The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals scheduled their executions after they were kicked out of a lawsuit challenging the state's lethal injection process.

Friot kicked them out because they refused last year to pick a specific alternative method of execution. Their attorneys said they refused on religious grounds. Since then, both have chosen firing squad as an alternative.

The U.S. Supreme Court has made picking an alternative a requirement for challenging execution procedures.

More than two dozen inmates remain in the lawsuit. Their executions will be scheduled if they lose. A trial before Friot is set to begin Feb. 28.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...ma/6526096001/

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Panel Of Judges Denies Stay For 2 Oklahoma Death Row Inmates

By Storme Jones
    news9.com

A three member panel of judges with the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver has rejected death row inmates Donald Grant and Gilbert Postelle’s motion for stay.

The death row inmates had argued the execution of John Grant was ‘botched’ and further executions should be put on hold until a trial against the states protocol moves forward next month.

Grant is set to die this Thursday, Postelle on February 17.

https://www.news9.com/story/61ef0ef3...th-row-inmates

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Oklahoma death row inmate Gilbert Postelle to be executed Thursday

By Ryan LaCroix, Hannah France
    KOSU

Oklahoma's second execution of the year is scheduled to take place on Thursday.

Death row inmate Gilbert Ray Postelle's request for clemency was denied by the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board in a 4-1 vote in December 2021.

Postelle, then 19, shot and killed four people — 57-year-old James D. Alderson, 56-year-old Terry L. Smith, 49-year-old James "Donnie" Swindle Jr., and 26-year-old Amy J. Wright — in southeast Oklahoma City on Memorial Day in 2005. The assault included nearly 100 shots fired from two assault rifles.

He was convicted of the four murders and given the death sentence for two.

Three others were charged with conspiracy and four counts of first-degree murder in the slayings. His brother, David Bradford Postelle, was sentenced to life in prison and their father, Earl Bradford Postelle, was ruled incompetent to stand trial in 2006. Another man, Randal Wade Byus, agreed to cooperate with authorities and pleaded guilty to reduced charges in 2008.

Postelle and his family believed one of the victims were responsible for a 2004 motorcycle accident, which left the elder Postelle physically and mentally disabled.

Gilbert Postelle's attorney said he suffered from years of methamphetamine abuse that began around the age of 12. In 2021, he testified that he had been using meth for days leading up to the killings and doesn't remember much about the crimes.

Last month, attorneys for Donald Grant and Postelle argued that the state’s lethal injection protocol exposed the two men to a constitutionally unacceptable risk of severe pain, citing the October 2021 execution of John Grant, who convulsed and vomited before he died.

Oklahoma's method of execution — lethal injection — has been criticized as painful and terrifying, with claims it induces a sense of drowning comparable to the torture tactic of waterboarding.

Oklahoma held off on lethal injections for nearly six years after two botched executions. The state resumed the practice last fall, killing John Grant in October, Bigler Stouffer in December and Donald Grant in January.

The three-drug cocktail is being reviewed for constitutionality in district court in a trial that begins on Feb. 28.

https://www.kosu.org/local-news/2022...cuted-thursday

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information