Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bigler Jobe Stouffer II - Oklahoma Execution - December 9, 2021

We all know that the execution personnel are far too stupid to ever do something as proactive as this.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Stay denied by SCOTUS. No dissents
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Oklahoma executes death row inmate Bigler Stouffer

MCALESTER, Okla. — Oklahoma executed death row inmate Bigler Stouffer on Thursday at the State Penitentiary in McAlester.

Stouffer was executed by lethal injection at 10:16 a.m. Thursday. Oklahoma Department of Corrections Director Scott Crow, Oklahoma Attorney General John O'Connor and media witnesses reported that there were no complications and no vomiting or convulsions.

"The state's execution of Bigler Stouffer was carried out with zero complications at 10:16 this morning," O'Connor said in a news release. "Justice is now served for Linda Reaves, Doug Ivens and the people of Oklahoma."

Stouffer’s last words were: "My request is that my Father forgive them. Thank you."

Stouffer had been on death row for the 1985 killing of Putnam City teacher Linda Reaves and the attempted murder of her boyfriend, Doug Ivens.

In November, the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board recommended clemency for Stouffer not because they doubted his guilt; instead, board members had concerns over how Oklahoma executes death row inmates.

Gov. Kevin Stitt denied clemency on Friday.

Stouffer's lawyers requested a stay of execution to multiple courts, saying he shouldn't be executed while other death row inmates challenge Oklahoma's lethal injection procedure in a different lawsuit. The U.S. Supreme Court denied the request about two hours before Stouffer's execution.

The execution is Oklahoma's second since 2015. The state put John Grant to death in late October.

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...uffer/38472049
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

I wasn't paying attention. I missed this.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Edited:

Oklahoma inmate Bigler Stouffer II defiantly 'joked' and 'laughed' in moments before execution

Bigler Stouffer II, 79, was sentenced to death for the 1985 murder of beloved school teacher Linda Reaves

A defiant Oklahoma inmate executed Thursday for the 1985 shooting death of a school teacher to try to score a $2 million life insurance payout "joked" and "laughed" in his final moments.

Bigler Stouffer II, 79, received the lethal injection at 10 a.m. at Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester accompanied in the death chamber by his pastor Howard Potts, as a reporter watched from the witness room 15 feet away.

"This is the last moment of your life on earth and it’s going to be a real shot in the arm," Potts quipped to Stouffer, according to FOX25. "When that sunk in he began to smile and laugh. We were cutting up the whole time."

Potts added, "We joked. We talked about things he had been through."

The microphone in the death chamber wasn’t on, but the reporter observed Stouffer laughing and smiling, according to FOX25.

In Stouffer’s final public statement shortly before the injection he expressed no remorse. "My request is that my father forgive them. Thank you," he said cryptically.

After receiving the 3-drug cocktail, Stouffer’s breathing grew increasingly shallow, and he was declared dead at 10:16 a.m.

Stouffer was convicted and sentenced to death in 2003 for the shooting that left Reaves dead and her boyfriend, Doug Ivens, seriously injured.

Prosecutors argued at trial that Stouffer showed up at Ivens’ home purportedly to borrow a gun.

Instead, he opened fire on Reaves and shot Ivens three times with a .38-caliber pistol, striking him once in the face. Ivens, who died in 2016, testified against Stouffer.

At the time Stouffer was dating Ivens’ ex-wife, who was the beneficiary of his $2 million life insurance policy. Prosecutors argued that Stouffer plotted the murder to get his hands on the massive payout.

Stouffer has maintained his innocence, and his final appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court was denied 2 hours before he was put to death.

At a parole board hearing last month, Stouffer said Ivens was shot as the pair fought over the gun, and that Reaves was already dead when he arrived.

"I am totally innocent of the murder of Linda Reaves and my heart goes out to the family of Linda Reaves that have suffered as a result of her murder," he told the board during the video appearance from prison. The board recommended that Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt commute Stouffer’s death sentence. The governor rejected the request.

"Today we witnessed the law of the land carried out," Rodney Thomson, Reaves’ cousin, told reporters after Stouffer’s death. "Although long in coming, justice has prevailed."

(source: Fox News)
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information