Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesse Caleb Compton - Oregon

Are you your village's idiot?
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSaint View Post
    Something I always look at first in these forums is the state in which the death sentence was imposed. I see Oregon, or Colorado, or even California, the chances that person will ever receive their punishment is beyond slim. I think of the 33 states that still impose the death penalty, there are only about 16 or 17 that actually carry it out. Most of those are in the south and southeast. Of those, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, more recently Missouri, and not so recently Virginia, really perform most of the executions. Due process is absolutely necessary, and moreover, constitutional. Most times, it works. Occasionally, it does not. That said, when I see someone sentenced to death in Oregon, I assume they will die of old age (or inmate interference) in prison.
    Not so sure about Colorado, they've hardly had any death sentences have they? And how many of those have been reprieved? There just haven't been enough cases to draw conclusions from them, and all of those currently on death row in Colorado are good examples of why the death penalty needs to exist so I doubt they'll get reprieved long term. Definitely right about California and Oregon though, I'll add Pennsylvania as well.

mandie5644
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillydust View Post
    It's called due process. Everyone has a right to it. If you don't like it you could always move to a third world country. Now I know most these men and woman are guilty but for the couple of people who are innocent I'm sure they are glad they had the chance to appeal.
    I do believe this due process is for those who claim innocent.. The actual % of inmates on Death Row that are innocent I think is about 1%. And like really why live in a 3rd world country when I can get away with anything including murder. After each death row inmate has taken all this time with appeals they spend more that a million dollars each. It just seems a waste of the DUE PROCESS if the guilty who are guilty and say they are guilty sit on death row for average of 20yrs plus.

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
    The world's societies get the psychopaths they deserve.
    Maybe that explains why there's possibly a serial killer walking round my town right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Are you your village's idiot?
    Oooh! Don't know, But medieval kings used to have a fool/idiot at court that could get away with telling the king unpleasant truths, with a punchline that turned it all into a joke, so he wouldn't lose his head! But I prefer to be known as an asker of awkward questions, so that would be 'that guy who asks pertinent questions', because I have six honest friends!

But the jester has asked nothing. The fool is spewing lies of a convicted death row inmate and his misguided minions. That sir, you will not get away with here, for I am QUEEN!

Facts. Post the facts, not what has been said on a support site.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Junior Member Stranger
    I'm sure he's is the subject of some brutal prison rapes and he deserves it

Sentence officially commuted to LWOP.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dzT...RSrp4B4Un/view

-
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information