Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Bernard Moore - South Carolina Death Row

Moore has an execution date for December 4, 2020 set for 6.00pm.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Ryan, this can’t be real they don’t have the means to carry this out. No drugs, no chair no nothing. Just a useless administrative date like in 2017.
    Last edited by Neil; 11-10-2020 at 07:29 PM.

I'm just going by what i have to hand. This is not Pennsylvania! We'll update accordingly if this an actual execution or an administrative date. The Spartanburg DA would sign off a death warrant where cert was denied November 2, 2020.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

This isn’t an administrative date as Moore has exhausted appeals. I think South Carolina will use the electric chair since LI drugs are unavailable
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Yeah but still no drugs or electric chair this is every bit not a true date I don’t even get why the DA would sign off on one?

- - - Updated - - -

They didn’t even get the electric chair passed this year. How can this be a true date?

South Carolina still has their electric chair. I assume they’re gonna follow TN protocol for the execution

Also South Carolina law dictates that any death row inmate can pick the chair, so there’s no reason for them to get rid of it
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 11-10-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

They don’t remember they were trying to get one in their state. They kept trying to get it passed the state legislature to empower it but they never succeeded. South Carolina came close this year but ultimately they didn’t succeed.

South Carolina law says they can use the electric chair if drugs are unavailable. Also last time I researched it their electric chair is still sitting in their electrocution chamber. They will need to get it ready and test it

Here’s what I misunderstood. I kept thinking South Carolina tried to import the electric chair into their state. I was wrong. The bill I was referring to was intended to make it their default method since there are no drugs available. Currently, they have lethal injection as their default method and inmates must die by lethal injection unless if they choose the chair. That bill keeps getting defeated every year so unless it slipped through the cracks or this guy chose to die by electric chair. This one is not a go.

This is the latest thing I found on the electric chair being the default method. It’s still stuck in the house

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess123.../bills/176.htm

Senior Member Frequent Poster joe_con's Avatar
    Looks like a law passed in 2015 says electrocution as the primary method unless the person selects lethal injection.

https://law.justia.com/codes/south-c...tion-24-3-530/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information