Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ernest Lee Johnson - Missouri Execution - October 5, 2021

Distributed for conference January 22, 2021.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....ic/20-287.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Distributed for conference February 19, 2021.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Distributed for conference February 26, 2021.

Last edited by Julius; 02-27-2021 at 05:22 AM.

Distributed for conference March 5, 2021.

Again no action by SCOTUS on his case. I wonder why they postpone this case since December.

They’re doing the same thing with Frederick Whatley and Charles Thompson. Both of whom will also be exhausting appeals. I have a bad feeling their going to screw up and grant cert like they did with Ruben Gutierrez

I dont think they will grant this. A grant in this case would be more stupid than the ID stays in Texas. His claims were already denied in Bucklew v. Precythe. Its just time wasting, thats why iam confused that they have not denied him yet.

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Works for me, especially this case. God I can't wait until Missouri finally kills this scum. He probably felt big and tough when he beat and stabbed 3 terrified people to death, but when it's time to pay he wants to cry and whine and hide behind the 8th amendment. And because of weak judges he has so far succeeded in inexcusably delaying justice.

The solution would be to pass a law that strips death row inmates of their citizenship, so that they are no longer protected by the Constitution.
    Divestiture of citizenship was held itself to be in violation of the 8th amendment in Trop v Dulles in 1958. Landmark case, as it is the one in which the "evolving sense of decency" first was invoked.

Damn, I posted that remark 2 years ago when I was far less polished. That said, my views on "evolving sense of decency" remain the same: nothing more than an excuse by judges to impose their personal views on the country, essentially saying 'a large number of states have exercised their 10th amendment right and done X, so let's deprive the remaining states of their 10th amendment rights and prohibit Y.' For instance, states have a 10th amendment right to carry out capital punishment and to not do so if they choose- but that matters little to certain hacks on the Supreme Court that would invoke the activist's favorite doctrine of 'evolving standards.' As more states abolish, this flawed abd fallacious idea will be used to strike down capital punishment the next time democrats get a majority on SCOTUS. Didn't mean to go on such a lengthy tangent but I digress.

At any rate, cert will probably be denied here. Odds are Sotomayor is giving herself carpal tunnel writing a vociferous dissent bemoaning the barbarism of executing a man who slaughtered three people, including 2 working mothers, to feed his greed and fund his immoral drug habit.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    The 14th Amendment places limits on the 10th regarding the 8th.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information