Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Johnson, Jr. - Missouri Execution - November 29, 2022

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    According to multiple online petitions on his behalf, on May 11th Missouri Attorney General asked the State Supreme Court to set an execution date for Kevin Johnson.

We all knew it was coming.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

It will likely be an October execution date considering the pattern Missouri has had since 2019.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Missouri better hurry up and set a date for this guy. Essentially, they are the only state left that can execute after cert has been denied. All the other active death penalty states are choked by the judiciary.

Georgia with their ridiculous 3 month Covid gap, Texas with the Texas Court of Criminal appeals, Alabama with their Nitrogen gas law, and finally Oklahoma with its parole board meeting being once a month.

Missouri is the only state essentially left where an execution can happen without much of a time lapse after cert has been denied. To sum up what Aaron said last October Missouri has essentially been the best at this since 2013 but in my eyes they took over after 2017 which was the year Virginia had its final execution.
    Last edited by Neil; 06-18-2022 at 06:34 PM.

What’s taking this court to set his date? It’s taking forever

Carman Deck didn’t get a date til 4 months after a date was requested. A date was requested for Johnson in May so it might be September when a date is set.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    It usually takes the Missouri Supreme Court 2 - 4 months to set an execution date. I would expect that Johnson gets a November date within the next 2 - 4 weeks. Taylor could be scheduled for December and McLaughlin for January.

Johnson’s latest mugshot

Johnson has been given an execution date of November 29, 2022

Missouri Supreme Court issued warrant of execution for Kirkwood man

By Amari Bell
    krcgtv.com

The Missouri Supreme Court is set to execute a man for the killing of a police officer in 2005.

Kevin Johnson has been on death row since 2007 for the killing of Sgt. William McEntee.

On the evening of July 5, 2005, McEntee was responding to a call in Meacham Park over a complaint of fireworks, when Johnson walked up and shot him in the head and chest, according to a Missouri Death Row report.

McEntee was able to drive 200 feet before his car crashed into a tree. The officer was able to get out of his car, however, Johnson returned and shot three more shots, killing the officer at the scene.

Hours earlier, other police officers were responding to the call of Johnson's little brother, Joseph "Bam Bam" Long, having a seizure at their grandmother's house.

Long was taken to the hospital where he later died, according to an autopsy performed on Long, he died of a congenital heart condition.

Johnson is set to be executed on Nov. 29, 2022, at 6 p.m.

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/missou...illiam-mcentee

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Huh, a late November execution date? Those are rare.
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information