Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Larry Edward Adams - Nevada

Larry Edward Adams - Nevada

thumb_ADAMS_LARRY_0000023617_IMG160084.jpg

Facts of the Crime:

Larry Adams, was given a death sentence for not only killing his three-year-old daughter Lora, but also Lora's mother, Pamela, during a violent fight. On June 23, 1984, he shot her mother twice with one handgun and five times with another one before shooting Lora in the forehead. Lora's autopsy revealed that she had been looking at her father when he shot her due to gunpowder residue in her eyes.

On July 9, 2009, Adams filed an appeal in the US Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals over the denial of his habeas petition in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cir.../ca9/09-99010/

It looks like Larry Adams is furthest along in the appeals process on Nevada's death row. I'm not sure of the status on the briefing schedules and or even if they have taken place yet, but oral argument hasn't been held in the case yet. Still looks like Nevada may be another 2-3 years meximum away from an involuntary execution. That is, of course, if the sentence isn't overturned by a bunch of left-wing political activists like Stephen Reinhardt, Harry Pregerson, Betty Fletcher or Richard Paez.

On February 14, 2012, Adams filed another appeal in the Ninth Circuit.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cir.../ca9/12-15308/

Derek
    Does anyone know how old Lora (his daughter) was at the time of her murder?

I couldn't find her age on a quick internet search. I will try to find Adams' direct appeal or a newspaper article reporting his death sentence. I'm curious now!

I´m not Heidi, but maybe it´s ok if I answer.

Near midnight on June 23, 1984, Adams' estranged wife, Pamela, and three year-old daughter, Laura, were shot and killed in their home on Avondale Avenue in Las Vegas, Nevada. In the days that followed, the police questioned Adams, but were unable to connect him to the murders. Shortly thereafter, Adams relocated to California. Several months later, however, the Nevada police were informed that Adams had reportedly boasted about the killings to acquaintances while living in Sacramento. Adams was arrested and charged with burglary and two counts of first-degree murder with use of a deadly weapon.

Source

babyusavme
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Does anyone know how old Lora (his daughter) was at the time of her murder?
    I'm A very good friend to one of Pamela's younger sister. i was told that ,that night Laura's older siblings .3 I believe , told Laura to go out of bedroom with their mommy (They were also very young) because she wet the bed .so they didn't want to sleep with her..... I'm sure that has weighed on their minds, Laura was no older than3, 4 the oldest was 7 or 8

Welcome to the site babyusaveme. The siblings are lucky to be alive.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

gini
    i miss my sister Pam everyday and my neice lora....keri seth and laren had to grow up without there mom and lil sister i dont care if al dies on death row but i do want him in prison forever my mom has never been the same .........love and miss pam and lora so much

it was a week before loras 4th bday

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information