Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Richard Strong - Missouri Execution - June 9, 2015

This letter is really one of the sweetest thing ever read, especially because of the situation. Love is something that comes from deep inside, from the heart and flows free no matter what. Poor kid!

I think she should set her standards for a role model a little higher ... certainly one that might teach her some writing skills by the age of 14.

Murdering a 2 year old child in cold blood is unforgiveable.

Senior Member Frequent Poster elsie's Avatar
    He was not thinking of her when he murdered her mother and sister.
    Proverbs 21:15 "When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evil doers."

Senior Member Member
    Are there any last minute appeals?

Quote Originally Posted by bernhard View Post
    Are there any last minute appeals?
    Yes.

The fate of a Missouri man who killed his girlfriend and her young daughter during an argument more than 14 years ago was in the hands Tuesday of the U.S. Supreme Court and the governor.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/e...i-man-31630023
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I think she should set her standards for a role model a little higher ... certainly one that might teach her some writing skills by the age of 14.

Murdering a 2 year old child in cold blood is unforgiveable.
    I am thinking she wrote this letter long ago....the penmanship is not of a 14 year old, i agree with that
    "It's ok to do for others knowing they won't do anything for you"

Just over 2 hours to go before the big one! I guess the restaurant opposite the prison does outstanding food. What a waste of food only to be given to a person on death row as one of the last things he's ever going to do. I would rather feed a homeless person who would appreciate it more...

Hee hee, The World's End! From what I understand, the food is just so-so, typical road-house fare indifferently prepared. The on-line menu makes it sound like a Michelin four-star restaurant, but take it from someone who's dined in a lot of such places, it most certainly isn't worth writing home about.

What a waste of food only to be given to a person on death row as one of the last things he's ever going to do. I would rather feed a homeless person who would appreciate it more...
    Ah, but to be perfectly cynical, the homeless person would then just want more and more, while Mr. Strong won't be dining again (until maybe the Last Trumpet sounds, and not even then).

Most DP states (Texas being a notable exception) do offer the condemned a hearty last supper (subject to certain strictures as to cost and what's included), I suspect to make him or her regret having to leave this vale of tears so abruptly. It's a long-time custom here in the U.S.

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The World's End View Post
    Just over 2 hours to go before the big one! I guess the restaurant opposite the prison does outstanding food. What a waste of food only to be given to a person on death row as one of the last things he's ever going to do. I would rather feed a homeless person who would appreciate it more...
    Didn't Philip Workman ask for a pizza to be donated to a homeless person instead of having a final meal?

Wow, you have an exceptional memory, Richard86!

Except the prison officials turned down the donation to the homeless.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information