Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: David Zink - Missouri Execution - July 14, 2015

Mo. Supreme Court issues order that death row inmate David Zink be executed on July 14th. #SCOMO #deathpenalty

https://twitter.com/MarshallGReport
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

ProDP
    Why in heaven's name does Zink have another appeal at the 8th COA?

Execution Date Set for David Zink

The man convicted of the 2001 kidnapping, rape and murder of Amanda Morton of Strafford, is now scheduled to be executed in July.

The Missouri Supreme Court today issued the execution order.

Zink was found guilty by a jury after a trial in September 2004. He has been appealing his death sentence since the conviction.

In March, 2012, the U.S. Supreme Court denied Zink's latest appeal.

Amanda Morton vanished after her car was rear-ended at the off-ramp of I-44 and Highway 125 in Strafford as she was on her way home. Her car was found abandoned and still running.

When police asked for the public's help to find her, a motel clerk near Camdenton recognized her photo and called authorities to report Morton and Zink had checked into a room earlier that day.

Investigators used the motel registration to track down Zink at his home in St. Clair County. Zink ultimately confessed to Morton's abduction and murder and led authorities to a nearby cemetery where he had buried her body.

Wednesday's warrant of execution calls for Zink to be put to death at Missouri's Bonne Terre prison at some point during a 24 hour period, starting at 6:00 pm, July 14, 2015.

Order of Execution

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/media/lib...d_Zink__2_.pdf

Warrant of Execution

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/media/lib...n_for_Zink.pdf

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/s...VECGyvUijvS1Mg

Vickie
    Chilling videotaped confession of a killer on death row

STRAFFORD, MO (KTVI) – Missouri death row inmate, David Zink is scheduled to die in July. His victim was from Strafford, Missouri, near Springfield.

In an exclusive look at the killer`s videotaped confession. David Zink recounts he was drinking and driving, on parole and didn`t want to go back to prison. That`s why David Zink says he killed 19-year-old Amanda Morton.

He gave investigators a videotaped confession shortly after the murder. Zink says he feared going back to prison; he was on parole when he bumped into Amanda Morton’s car on interstate 44.

He kidnapped her, raped her, and took her to a cemetery where he tied her to a tree and broke her neck and then cut her spinal cord.

Before Amanda Morton died, Zink said her last word was momma.

Zink is scheduled to be executed July 14th.

http://fox2now.com/2015/06/10/chilli...-on-death-row/

Video at link

My thoughts and prayers are with the family having to endure this for so long. I'm looking forward to this piece of garbage receiving the dirtnap!

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    I totally agree with you dirtnapper. No way could a stay be issued. His confession, and all the other evidence leaves no doubt. This one deserves not one minute more to live.

demor
    Just made hotel reservations to attend the festivities. Can't wait. After reliving the day that confession video was shown in court we wondered if he is still laughing when he talks about killing Amanda. I hope he's having some sleepless nights.
    Last edited by demor; 06-20-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Demor I hope and pray that for you relief is found as you see justice carried out. Demor you have lived with this pain for so long knowing that each day his sentence was not carried out that he had more life then your precious daughter. Well now You and Amanda will have the last laugh as he lays on that gurney with fear in his eyes like the fear Amanda had and as he takes his last breath he will ultimately not go to the place Amanda surely is but will always be beneath her.

demor
    Thank you Trudie. 23 days and counting. We do have a new reason for some happiness in our lives. Amanda's little sister gave birth to our first grandchild two weeks ago. I am so happy to finally have one. He's a beautiful little guy.

Congratulations demor let me tell you as a grandmother of 6 becoming a grandparent brings a whole new level of joy and happiness. I am going to keep you in my prayers especially over the next 23 days so that you can hopefully get on with your life knowing this monster is gone and you can have peace with your family.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information