Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrance Williams - Pennsylvania

Terrance Williams - Pennsylvania

Summary of Offense:

In February 1986, Terrence Williams was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to die for senselessly murdering Amos Norwood during a robbery. Williams was formally sentenced on July 1, 1987. Williams had already been convicted of murder and robbery in two separate cases at the time of his 1986 trial. From appellate record: At approximately 1:00 a.m. on December 25, 1982, Williams and a co-defendant broke into an elderly couple’s home in the West Mount Airy section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, robbed them at gunpoint, and then stole their car.

Williams was a few months shy of his seventeenth birthday. He was certified for trial as an adult, convicted of two counts each of robbery, recklessly endangering another person, terroristic threats, and simple assault, and one count each of burglary, criminal conspiracy, theft and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. He was sentenced to 12 ½ to 25 years imprisonment. While Williams was awaiting trial in the robbery, he murdered Herbert Hamilton. While he was on bail awaiting sentencing for the robbery, he murdered Amos Norwood. He was sentenced to death in the Norwood murder case, and the convictions in the robbery case and the one involving Herbert Hamilton were used as aggravating circumstances to secure that sentence.

In a March 9, 2011 Third Circuit opinion, Mr. Williams' death sentence was affirmed.

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal...002/920110309/

On November 14, 2011, the US Supreme Court denied Williams' certiorari petition.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.a...es/11-6871.htm

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    That's a different Terrance Williams (confusing). That Terrance Williams is a pimp. The Terrance Williams on death row's petition is still pending http://certpool.com/dockets/11-7882

Thanks for that! You're absolutely right. I should've noticed that the pimp case was "Williams v. United States" rather than "Williams v. Wetzel." Thanks again!

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    On June 29, 2012, SCOTUS denied Williams' petition. Expect a warrant in the near future.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.a...es/11-7882.htm

Thanks. I didn't check SCOTUS on Friday.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

DPIC is reporting an X date has been scheduled for him. Is that correct?

Jan
    His execution is scheduled for October 3, 2012 but I think it will be stayed. Don't expect much in Pennsylvania.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    IDK the reports I've read have said this one may go through since his is one of the oldest ones and he's gone through the whole 3-tier process. the only thing now he has to say is now he's trying to say the victim abused him and he killed him in revenge but i don't buy it if it was revenge why take the man's car, wallet, and valuables? plus he just today made said abuse claims where were these claims in 1986? if i had killed the man who molested me i'd have used that as my defense at trial. but yeah PA doesn't have a good track record so i won't hold my breath but remember ID went 17 years without one and most people doubted they would have another but look now 2 in less than a year with at least 3 more close to being finished.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information