Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Louis Bernard Gaskin - Florida Execution - April 12, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Dave from Florida View Post
    I wonder if the DR attorneys have given up on going to federal courts on these latest cases. They are trying to get SCOTUS to hear a case to rule non-unanimous juries unconstitutional. Not going to happen.
    Even if they were stayed by a federal court, SCOTUS will lift the stay. They know that. It’s likely why hardly any inmates file for stays to the federal courts. The state courts are their best options.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Member
    thank you bobsicles for the thread.

Join us in X-Night Chat!
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Louis Gaskin, ‘ninja killer,’ executed by lethal injection in Florida

STARKE, Fla. — A Florida death row inmate known as the “ninja killer” was executed by lethal injection on Wednesday.

Louis Bernard Gaskin, 56, was pronounced dead at 6:15 p.m. EDT at the Florida State Prison in Raiford. Gaskin was executed for the murders of Robert Sturmfels, 56, and Georgette Sturmfels, 55, who were killed on Dec. 20, 1989, in their Flagler County winter home.

On Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to stay Gaskin’s execution, according to the News Service of Florida. Gaskin’s attorney had appealed to the nation’s highest court after the Florida Supreme Court last week rejected arguments preventing the appeal, the news outlet reported.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed Gaskin’s death warrant last month, according to The Associated Press.

Gaskin’s attorney appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court after the Florida Supreme Court last week rejected arguments aimed at preventing the execution. Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a death warrant last month, with Gaskin scheduled to be executed at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Florida State Prison.

Wednesday’s execution comes six weeks after Donald Dillbeck, 59, was put to death for the 1990 murder of Faye Vann, 44, in Tallahassee.

Dillbeck was the first Florida death row inmate to be executed since 2019.

Gaskin was nicknamed the “ninja killer” because he dressed in all-black clothing on the night of the murder. According to court records, Gaskin was armed with a .22-caliber rifle as he walked around the Sturmfels’ home several times. He shot the couple through a window, court records show before breaking into the residence, which was located on a cul-de-sac.

According to court records, Gaskin parked his vehicle in a wooded area and shot Robert Sturmfels twice through the window of their residence. He then shot Georgette Sturmfels, who was attempting to leave the room and then shot Robert Sturmfels again, the News Service of Florida reported.

Investigators said that Gaskin then shot Georgette Sturmels again after seeing her through a door. He then entered the home and shot both victims in the head, according to court records.

Gaskin was convicted of first-degree murder, the AP reported.

Gaskin stole a clock, a pair of lamps and a videocassette recorder from the victims’ home. Investigators said the items were intended to be Christmas gifts for his girlfriend.

Gaskins left the home and went to the home of Joseph and Mary Rector, according to the summary. Joseph Rector went to investigate and was shot, but he was able to get to a vehicle and drive to an area hospital, according to the News Service of Florida.

According to local reports at the time, Gaskin confessed to the crimes and allegedly told a psychologist before his trial that he knew what he was doing, the AP reported.

“The guilt was always there,” Gaskin reportedly said. “The devil had more of a hold than God did. I knew that I was wrong. I wasn’t insane.”

A jury in 1990 voted 8-4 for the death penalty, according to the AP.

According to the Florida Department of Corrections, William Zeigler has been on death row the longest, since July 19, 1976.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/l...EBODDB5YYQD2U/
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information