Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stanley L. Fitzpatrick - Ohio Execution - April 16, 2026

Stanley L. Fitzpatrick - Ohio Execution - April 16, 2026

Facts of the Crime:

On June 7, 2001, Fitzpatrick murdered his live-in girlfriend, 42-year-old Doreatha Hayes, and her daughter, 12-year-old Shenay Hayes, in their Lincoln Heights home. Fitzpatrick was angry because Shenay had caught him smoking crack cocaine and she told Ms. Hayes. Fitzpatrick used a hatchet to chop Ms. Hayes' arms, hand and face 13 times. Fitzpatrick stabbed Shenay four times with a knife, choked her and beat her in the head with an ax handle, which fractured her skull. On June 9, 2001, Fitzpatrick lured their neighbor, 64-year-old Elton Rose, into the house and beat him to death by striking him multiple times in the head. When a police officer responded to a silent 911 call, Fitzpatrick fired three shots at the police officer and then fled the scene in the officer's crusier. Fizpatrick confessed the crimes to his cousin. Fitzpatrick later pled guilty to the charges.

On December 14, 2009, Fitzpatrick filed an appeal in the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit over the denial of his habeas petition in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cir...s/ca6/09-4515/

Stanley Fitzpatrick v. Norm Robinson

In today's Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals opinions, The court AFFIRMED the district court's DENIAL of Stanley's petition for a writ of habeas corpus.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

On August 21, 2013, the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit denied Fitzpatrick's petition for en banc rehearing.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.a...es/13-8394.htm

In today's United States Supreme Court orders, Fitzpatrick's petition for writ of certiorari was DENIED.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.a...es/13-8394.htm

The Ohio Supreme Court has set Fitzpatrick's execution date for May 30, 2018.

Execution date set in triple murder

Fourteen years after he was convicted of killing three people in Lincoln Heights, Stanley Fitzpatrick has an execution date – in 2018.

The Ohio Supreme Court, in a Monday announcement, set May 30, 2018, for Fitzpatrick's execution date.

Fitzpatrick, 47, went on a drug-fueled rampage in 2001, killing his live-in girlfriend Dorothea Hayes and her 12-year-old daughter, Shenay. Two days after brutally mutilating Hayes and her daughter in their Chicago Avenue home, Fitzpatrick went across the street to the home of 64-year-old Elton "Arybie" Rose, a former boxer, and beat him to death with a hatchet.

Fitzpatrick, during his 2002 trial, admitted remembering killing Rose but not Hayes or her daughter and asked to be executed for his actions.

"I plead guilty. I killed them ... If you want to put me to death, put me to death," Fitzpatrick said in court during his trial. "This is my life. I don't want to wait 'til lunch or the next day or nothing."

Fitzpatrick's rampage came after he was suspended from his job and he went on a crack cocaine spree that also included alcohol and other drugs.

As he was killing Rose, Lincoln Heights police arrived and were shot at by Fitzpatrick who soon drove off in the police cruiser, later confronted a woman in her home and tried to stab her and then left and carjacked another person.

Fitzpatrick also was convicted of attempted murder of then-Lincoln Heights Police Sgt. DeAngelo Sumler and two counts of aggravated robbery. He was convicted by a three-judge panel.

Ohio Supreme Court Justice William O'Neill disagreed because he consistently has stated the death penalty is inherently both cruel and unusual and therefore unconstitutional" in all cases.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...rick/26863729/

Why the 3 year delay ?

Senior Member Member OperaGhost84's Avatar
    If I'm not mistaken, Ohio executions don't restart until next calendar year anyways thanks to litigation, protocol changes and legislative sessions and then there's (again, correct me if I'm wrong) a quirky Ohio law that puts a gap between executions allowing them to "stack" for years now since there hasn't been an execution in over a year.
    I am vehemently against Murder. That's why I support the Death Penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Why the 3 year delay ?
    Ohio execution protocol demands 3 weeks between executions. The Ohio Supreme Court also leaves room for trial courts to set executions dates at sentencing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information