Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronald Phillips - Ohio Execution - July 26, 2017

Ronald Phillips - Ohio Execution - July 26, 2017

Sheila Marie Evans

Fae Amanda Evans

Summary of Offense:

On January 18, 1993, Phillips murdered his girlfriend's daughter, three-year-old Sheila Marie Evans, at her home in Akron. Phillips had been sexually and physically abusing Sheila for some time. Phillips severely beat Sheila in the head, face and abdomen, threw her against the walls, dragged her by her hair and anally raped her. Phillips confessed to police.

On June 1, 2010, Phillips was denied a Certificate of Appealability by the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit with one judge dissenting.

Opinion is here:

http://www.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions...0a0155p-06.pdf

In today's United States Supreme Court orders, Phillips' petition for a writ of certiorari and motion for leave to proceed in forma pauperis was DENIED.

1994-2208. State v. Phillips

The Ohio Supreme Court has set an execution date of November 14, 2013 for Phillips.

Ohio Supreme Court schedules 2013, 2014 executions for 2 condemned killers

The Ohio Supreme Court has set execution dates for an Akron man who raped and killed a 3-year-old girl and for a southwest Ohio man who raped and killed a pregnant woman.

The court on Friday set one of the executions for late 2013 and the other for the beginning of 2014.

The first new execution on the calendar is for Ronald Phillips, who was convicted in the killing of his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter back in 1993. He's now set to be put to death on Nov. 14, 2013.

The court also says Dennis McGuire of Preble County is now scheduled to be executed on Jan. 16, 2014. McGuire was sent to death row for the 1989 rape and stabbing death of a woman who was pregnant.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...-Penalty-Ohio/

Clemency Hearing: October 16, 2013
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Everytime I read such threads... God, words fail me! No matter here wether to be or not to be pro DP... my point is: why does it take so long for such horrible crimes against kids for the law to "punish" these unforgivable murders? Is there any doubts about his guilt?Should these particular killers admit their guilt, can they be grant a life sentence?

Senior Member CnCP Addict Stro07's Avatar
    The girlfriend, Fae Amanda Evans, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and child endangering for her involvement and sentenced to 13- to 30-years. She died of leukemia on July 8, 2008, at the state prison hospital in Columbus. The state Parole Board granted her clemency because of her cancer while the Summit County prosecutor opposed this decision. She died before a decision could be made.

No doubt it is a very sad story... nevertheless this guy did not get his punishment for what he has done during the last 20 years. I do not look at DP as it is either a solution or the best punishment but reading about crimes against kids and with such modalities, well... I am not sure I would oppose a death sentence. No murder can be justified but these ones never ever!

m!<god
    A far superior punishment would be handcuffing his wrists to his ankles and then releasing him into general population -- and after 10 or 20 years of that then execute him. Some might argue that's sadistic; I'd call it the minimum.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information