Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bryan Frederick Jennings - Florida Death Row

I truly hope Florida doesn’t let this guy die of natural causes. Come on DeSantis!

I tweeted Governor DeSantis about setting an execution date for Jennings. I’ll let y’all know if he replies back

On July 9, 2020, Jennings filed an appeal to the United States Court of Appeals For The Eleventh Circuit

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/ci.../ca11/20-12555
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    I tweeted Governor DeSantis about setting an execution date for Jennings. I’ll let y’all know if he replies back
    This guy should be in the Top 5 for DeSantis if he ever restarts executions. Honestly, i dont think DeSantis will sign another Warrant.
    Last edited by Julius; 02-09-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Unfortunately Jennings can’t get a date now. He has to be denied by the Eleventh Circuit again, denied COA again, denied En Banc again and denied by SCOTUS again. DeSantis should have given him a death warrant back in 2019

Edit: Since Jennings is off the hook for now, my five picks would be Norberto Pietri, Glen Rogers, George Trepal, Edward Zakrzewski, and Michael King

Dishonorable Mentions: James Barnes, Dusty Spencer, Guillermo Arbelaez, Omar Blanco, Stephen Booker
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 02-09-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I live in Florida and Desantis is as close to Trump as you can get. Why don't you all think he wont sign a DW? I would expect him to sign a bunch of them once the COVID delay lawsuits are moot. I think he is waiting for the vaccine to be administered to a majority of the people in FL that want it then he will green light the EX of people who are done with all appeals. I think he is smart to not waste Taxpayer $ on court challenges due to COVID. He is very frugal with taxpayers money.
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    I guess Florida has more than 80 inmates with exhausted appeals. Florida definitely has the opportunity to obtain enough drugs to execute them all but DeSantis has only signed 3 warrants since he entered office 2 years ago. If he was serious about it, he would have signed at least 10-15 warrants in 2019 or even more. And inmates like Glen Rodgers would already be dead.

I really hope he will execute in 2021 but I honestly dont think he will.
    Last edited by Julius; 02-09-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Florida actually has around 120 inmates with exhausted appeals. Some of them are waiting resentencing because of Hurst though

A governor would have to sign 30 death warrants a year to get through them all
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 02-09-2021 at 09:08 AM.

DeSantis is not serious on executions we know that with his “conservative” Supreme Court picks. They said Hurst was wrong but later voted to keep going with Hurst relief. DeSantis is just like Crist was with the death penalty there. Scott was the only governor who cared for it.

Putnam should’ve been in the Governor’s mansion. That being said, DeSantis is good for other issues like immigration, stand your grand, he cared for personal freedoms during the lockdowns, capital punishment however, isn’t one of them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information