Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glen Edward Rogers - Florida Death Row

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Glen Edward Rogers - Florida Death Row

Tina Marie Cribbs

Summary of Offense:

Glen Edward Rogers was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of Tina Marie Cribbs.

On November 5, 1995, Tina Marie Cribbs was seen leaving the Showtown Barn in Tampa with Glen Edward Rogers. On November 7, 1995, a cleaning person found Cribbs in a Tampa motel room. She had been stabbed in the chest and the buttocks. According to Cribbs’ mother, Tina always wore a sapphire and diamond ring and a gold watch. These pieces of jewelry were not found with Cribb’s body.

A bartender told police that Rogers had bought drinks for Cribbs and her friends. Later, Rogers asked Cribbs for a ride. Cribbs told her friends that she would be back shortly to meet her mother. Cribbs’ mother arrived at the bar and paged Cribbs because she had not returned to the bar.

A motel clerk said that Rogers had arrived in a cab at the motel a few days prior to the murder. On November 5, 1995, Rogers paid for another night and asked that no one clean his room. The clerk then observed Rogers packing suitcases into a White Ford Festiva. On November 13, 1995, Rogers was arrested in Kentucky driving Cribb’s car, which he claimed a girl had loaned him. Rogers also claimed that the girl was alive when he left.

Several days earlier, on November 6, 1995, Cribbs wallet was found at a rest area on Interstate-10 in North Florida. Fingerprints lifted from the wallet and the Tampa motel room were matched to Rogers.

Rogers was sentenced to death in Hillsborough County on July 11, 1997.

On June 22, 1999, Rogers was also convicted in California of first-degree murder and arson for strangling Sandra Gallagher to death and leaving her body in her burning automobile on September 29, 1995. Rogers was sentenced to death in Los Angeles County on July 16, 1999. He then was transported back to the control of Florida’s Department of Corrections in August of 1999.

Also see Glen Rogers - California Death Row

Rogers filed a federal petition for writ of habeas corpus in the U.S. District Court on August 3, 2007. This petition was denied on February 19, 2010.

http://www.floridacapitalcases.state...e-status.cfm#R

According to The Commission on Capital Punishment Glen Rogers filed a Certificate of Appealability in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals on 03/17/10 and was denied on 06/14/10 and denied rehearing on 07/29/10.

Information found here:

http://www.floridacapitalcases.state...Htm/124400.htm

Roger filed a Petition for Writ of Certiorari with SCOTUS on 10/21/10.

On 12/16/10 Rogers petition (case number 10-7259) was distributed for Conference on January 7, 2011.

Information found here:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.a...es/10-7259.htm

July 19, 1957 - Nov. 2, 2011 vickiw's Avatar
    Thank you do much Heidi , I was going to post this but have had alot of family drama and I got the flu , thank you again.

In today's US Supreme Court orders, Rogers was denied a petition for a writ of certiorari and motion for leave to proceed in forma pauperis.

Murder victim's mom anxiously awaits killer's fate

TAMPA -- Mary Dicke vowed to outlive Glen Edward Rogers, the man who killed her child.

But it has been 14 years since Rogers was found guilty of murder and sentenced to death, and he's still winding his way through the legal system. Dicke, 70, worries there's no end in sight.

"My biggest fear is he'll outlive me," she said. "And I promised my daughter over her grave I would stay until it was done."

Dicke, the mother of slaying victim Tina Marie Cribbs, still attends every court hearing. A post-conviction hearing was held July 15; another is slated for Aug. 19.

"How can you keep rehashing, rehashing?" Dicke asked. "All of his appeals are finished. His papers are sitting on our governor's desk waiting for him to sign it."

Rogers met Cribbs at a Gibsonton lounge and they left together, according to witnesses. The body of Cribbs – a 34-year-old motel housekeeper and restaurant cook – was found in November 1995 in an East Tampa motel room rented by Rogers.

When Rogers was caught near Richmond, Ky., he was driving Cribbs' Ford Festiva.

He also was suspected in the killings of women in Van Nuys, Calif.; Jackson, Miss.; and Bossier City, La. In June 1999, the man dubbed the "Cross-Country Killer" was convicted in California on counts of first-degree murder and arson in the strangling of Sandra Gallagher. He was transported back to Florida's control in August 1999.

Dicke said her daughter was a fun-loving, great person. They had coffee together every morning. Cribbs had two children, the oldest of whom now is 30.

"She worked two jobs to support her kids, she lit up a room when she came in and anybody that came in would tell you that," Dicke said. "She was never down, never was sad in front of anybody. She was my angel. To this day I'm standing looking at this photograph on the wall and I think my life is never the same."

It's common for prisoners to spend a long time on death row. Since 1979, when Florida reinstated the death penalty, the average length of stay on death row prior to execution is 12.7 years. The average length of stay for the past three inmates executed was 24.2 years.

Gary Alvord currently has the longest stay on Florida's death row. He was sent to a death cell in April 1974 for killing three women in West Tampa.

Dicke wishes Florida's death row inmates were executed with expediency.

"My life stopped in 1995," she said. "My life stopped. My daughter was everything to me."

Hillsborough County state attorney's spokesman Mark Cox said the legal process simply takes time.

"We understand the family of the victims and their consternation and pain, and they want closure and to have justice," he said. "But I'm not surprised by the length of the litigation."

Richard Dieter, executive director of the Washington D.C.-based Death Penalty Information Center, said Florida isn't the only state that takes a while to execute death row inmates. Dieter said the "exoneration boom of DNA cases" was part of the reason for the slowdown, as is the number of pending death penalty cases clogging the courts.

Dicke said she was initially told it would take seven years for Rogers to be executed "because of an abundance of evidence" against him. But she said prosecutors recently told her it could be many more years until Rogers is executed.

"It's mindboggling to me that this is still going on," she said. "I just can't believe it's happening."

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-ne...ate-ar-246029/

On September 29, 2011, Rogers filed a habeas petition in Florida Middle District Court in which the respondents are both the State of Florida and the State of California. I am not sure what this is all about.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/flo...v02221/263527/

Which death row is Rogers currently at?
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Florida.

So, I was just doing some research and apparently Glen Rogers has an IQ of 76.

https://www.murdermiletours.com/blog...rmally-high-iq

Roger’ third successive motion for post-conviction relief denied by the FSC.

https://law.justia.com/cases/florida...sc20-1863.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information