Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robert J. Ybarra, Jr. - Nevada Death Row

I get that, Moh, but lethal injection is so aesthetically pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    Unfortunately, Nebraska and Georgia have already declared the electric chair to be cruel and unusual. So, perhaps other states would follow suit. However, I would think a firing squad with five or six marksmen would provide for a quick death. Plus, no state or federal court has ever declared the firing squad's use to be unconstitutional.
    I agree 100 % that the firing squad is a very quick, efficient and humane method of execution. Death is damn near instant. The problem with the firing squad is that states do not like all the media coverage surrounding this method of execution. I read a little while back that Utah had done away with Firing squad for inmates sentenced after 1994 because they believed that it gave more recognition and fame to the condemned then it did for remembrance to the victims. Now to be honest, this is just plain stupid if you ask me. An execution is an execution one way or another. Yes the victims should be remembered but to do away with a method of execution because a state believes that it gives inmates the ability to go out in a blaze of glory and "remembered" more then the victim is absolutely ridiculous.

As far as the Electric chair goes, I do believe if the U.S Supreme Court were to rule the Electric Chair consitutional, Nebraska and Georgia would be able to reinstitute them as available methods of execution. I cannot see this happening in those 2 particular states of course, but it's always possible. I think it's about time legislators stop bs'ing around though and just bring back the firing squad, gas chamber, electric chair or whatever it may be because the lethal injection issue has caused nothing but havoc.

In today's United States Supreme Court orders, Ybarra's petition for a writ of certiorari and motion for leave to proceed in forma pauperis was DENIED.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

In today's United States Supreme Court orders, Ybarra's motion for remand, for stay of proceedings, or for leave to amend was DENIED also the petition for a writ of certiorari was DENIED.

If he was found competant to stand trial : " Ybarra admitted burning Griffith but denied he raped and beat her. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity but was found competent for trial and was sentenced to death after being convicted of first-degree murder and sexual assault. " then surely he is "fit" to be executed ?

The more we read this forum so the more we are starting to support capital punishment where guilt is proven beyond any doubt !
    Justice should not depend on the size of your bank balance or colour of your skin !

xco
    If anyone is guillty beyond a reasonable doubt, it is Robert Ybarra, and trust me he is not mentally incompetent. I worked the CMU, which is a nice way of saying death row, for 5 of my 13 years as a corrections officer at Ely State Prison. I was also a classmate of Nancy's, so I have followed this case closely. If you are interest in reading the details of the case, you can find them here: http://www.webpanda.com/white_pine_c...ith/index.html
    Caution: it is very gruesome.

Welcome to the site, and thanks for the link xco. Going to take a look see now.

What an awful case, and 33 years later Ybarra sits on death row. Disgusting!

Welcome to the site, xco! With Ybarra's appeals now apparently exhausted, when do you think an execution date will be set?

xco
    Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been traveling to see family for the holidays, It is hard to say when an execution date will be set, there are some issues in Nevada right now, with NSP closing, that is where the death house is or was, I'm not sure if they can still do executions there or not honestly, but it is becoming more evident that Ybarra will probably die of natural causes before the state gets a hold of him, regardless of how he goes, I am sure that there will be dancing in the streets of Ely Nevada when his time comes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information