Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gary F. Green - Texas Execution - March 7, 2023

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    In today's orders, the United States Supreme Court DENIED Green's petition for certiorari.

Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
    Case Numbers: (19-70019)
    Decision Date: July 2, 2021

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/...22zor_1a7d.pdf

Dallas County has requested an execution date for Green.

https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty....rideFormat=PDF
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    The Texas AG's office is seeking an execution date of either March 7, 8 or 9, 2023 for Green.

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Gary Green's execution date has been set for March 7th, 2023.

Last edited by Mastro Titta; 07-27-2022 at 04:42 AM.

I’m not posting the article but it says his attorney is going to emphasize Green’s schizoaffective disorder. Will this earn him a stay also is Michael Mowla a prominent attorney in Texas for DR inmates? Back when John Hummel was executed Morwa was his attorney as well.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news...n-in-one-week/

It shouldn’t. I’m also schizoaffective and if you read about the details of the crimes, Green was not out of his mind when he committed the murders

Scott Panetti is also schizoaffective and although he was stayed years ago, TCCA recently lifted that stay. Ronald Haskell also is diagnosed as schizoaffective and they denied his direct appeal. Although he didn’t say what court they would appeal to. TCCA has done really good this year and usually only gives stays on ID claims

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

A lot of these attorneys are spread thin and represent multiple guys. You'll notice Kretzer comes up a lot with Texas also. With AL, Spencer Hahn does. GA, Brian Kammer. TN, Kelley Henry. You get the idea.

As for Green, the fact that the boys convinced him not to kill them tells me he was cognizant enough during the murders.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

If so remember correctly, the youngest boy told Green if he really loved them he wouldn’t kill them. Something to that effect.

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I’m not posting the article but it says his attorney is going to emphasize Green’s schizoaffective disorder. Will this earn him a stay also is Michael Mowla a prominent attorney in Texas for DR inmates? Back when John Hummel was executed Morwa was his attorney as well.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news...n-in-one-week/
    With Green’s execution date approaching, Morwa apparantly has not filed any appeals in state court on Green’s behalf. He didn’t for Hummel as well.

There are no appeals pending in state court or federal court for Green.

He may have accepted his fate and ordered no more appeals like Hummel did

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information