Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio Capital Punishment News

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    I now wonder the same thing about his father defending them for 8 years as attorney general, only to turn on it as governor.

DeWine is a globalist Republican. I’m highly surprised that he won that primary yeah he’s been in politics for a long time in Ohio but even still Ohio itself has shifted very far to the right and his politics don’t necessarily reflect conservative views. The only thing he’s conservative on is abortion.

Senior Member Frequent Poster joe_con's Avatar
    That is the most important issue to be conservative on

Not putting the kibosh on this, but don't descend into ad hominen attacks.

That said, there's a myriad of issues more important than abortion. To name just a few: immigration, the second amendment, preservation of the nuclear family, among many others.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Definitely you hit the nail on the head Aaron. He’s always got a thing with me on abortion and attacking me on abortion if you care for it fine but don’t sit here and keep attacking me on it. It’s an issue that doesn’t enthuse me just like the death penalty doesn’t enthuse him.
    Last edited by Neil; 08-01-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Apparently Old Whine tested positive for covid. Given his age and the fact that he exudes the opposite of robust, I guess we'll see if his Lt. Gov has more of a spine.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

If Ohio does dump the death penalty I wonder if any other midwestern state will reinstate it? Wisconsin seems the likeliest. The reason I say that is because they have a very conservative tough on crime legislature one of the few left in the country. If they regain their supermajority in the state legislature that’ll put them in good standing to do so.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    It is ghoulish to talk about Dewine like that.

23 Ohio Death Row Inmates Test Positive For COVID-19

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) —More than 20 Ohio death row inmates have tested positive for COVID-19 in an outbreak flaring up just this past week, The Associated Press has learned.

The Department of Rehabilitation and Correction confirmed the first case to the AP on July 24 but by Friday said the number had jumped to 23.

Thirteen of those inmates were tested based on their symptoms and 10 were asymptomatic and tested through contract tracing, said prisons spokesperson JoEllen Smith.

Medical staff are monitoring the inmates, who are being quarantined and isolated under the prison system's coronavirus policy, Smith said.

The inmates are all housed at Chillicothe Correctional Institution in southern Ohio, where the state's death row is based. All inmates there undergo daily symptom screening, Smith said.

Ohio has about 140 death row inmates, most housed at the Chillicothe prison. No executions are scheduled for this year as the state struggles to find drugs for its lethal injection process.

Ohio's prison system is one of the hardest-hit in the country, with more than 5,200 inmates testing positive as of Thursday. In addition, 88 inmates have died from confirmed or probable cases of the coronavirus.

Virtually all prisons have cases, but the majority have been at Marion Correctional Institution in north-central Ohio and Pickaway Correctional Institution in central Ohio, which has a medical wing.

Nearly 1,000 prison system staff members have also tested positive, including the agency director, Annette Chambers-Smith, who announced her diagnosis last week. She is quarantining at home. Five staff members have died.

In Arizona, at least eight death row prisoners have tested positive for COVID-19, including Alfonso Salazar, who died in April from complications of COVID-19, said attorney Dale Baich, who leads death penalty appeals in the Federal Public Defender’s Office in Arizona. Baich confirmed the cases in his role as a lawyer representing the inmates.

The Arizona prisons department declined comment, citing the confidentiality of inmate medical records.

In California, following an outbreak at San Quentin State Prison, at least nine death row inmates have died following positive COVID-19 tests, with a tenth death suspected, according to state Department of Correction and Marin County Coroner's Office records.

In Texas, death row inmates have sued over the state’s coronavirus prison measures. Earlier this month in Tennessee, a death row inmate received a rare temporary reprieve from Gov. Bill Lee after the Republican announced the execution would not take place this year because of the challenges and disruptions caused by the coronavirus.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/23-ohio...id-19/33483170
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

DeWine says his second coronavirus test was negative.

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread Information