Thread: Ernest Knighton - Louisiana Execution - October 30, 1984

Ernest Knighton - Louisiana Execution - October 30, 1984

Ernest Knighton

Summary of Offense: Shot a service station owner during a robbery in Bossier City.

Victim: Ralph Shell

Time of Death:

Manner of execution: Electric Chair

Last Meal: T-bone steak, rice, french fries, four slices of toast and a strawberry malt.

Final Statement: "I am sorry, more sorry than I can say Mr. Shell is dead and that I'm responsible. I feel sorry for Mrs. Shell and all of Mr. Shell's family and friends. I feel sorry for my mother, my family and everyone else who will grieve for me. I have asked God to forgive me...I have to say that what you are doing is wrong. If I thought my death would bring back Mr. Shell or would save someone else from a murder I would volunteer, but I know it won't. You don't teach respect for life by killing. I urge you not to kill anyone else. I ask God to forgive you for killing me. I now ask God in the name of Jesus to receive my spirit."

This is the last interview that Ernest Knighton gave before his execution.

http://youtu.be/eyrWryXg5eo
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information