Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: United States Courts of Appeals

They are saying they will court pack. There's still too many Reagan skeletons grinding on courts, the Seventh will be the hardest hit at this rate.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Yes indeed. There are three GOP appointees on the Seventh who are over 80 years old, plus another who's 71. They need to do the right thing and take senior status to allow President Trump to appoint some younger judges who'll sit on the court for decades to come.

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Stevens and Souter were GOP appointees; these on the Seventh may be waiting to be replaced by someone not bearing the Good Federalistkeeping Seal of Approval.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    All the more reason to make sure he gets another term those old farts on the 7th and that walking bag of skin RBG can’t live forever. Not to mention the fact this is the most entertainment I’ve seen for years why would we want to go back to the same boring fake people we had before.

To your second point, the entertainment alone makes me love almost every day of this presidency. Even one of my friends in real life who is a huge Bernie bro says that things are better than they were because at least it's funny. He said it'll be "depressing when he leaves office and another boring ******* is in office."
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

How are they anymore real now Shep?

Aaron your post is a pretty big blackpill man.

The elderly hugging their seats until they wither away is depressing.

I don't know how the founding fathers didn't see the seats being abused like this. France just a couple of decades before had a king that ruled for 72 years and he kept must of his cabinet members with him during the entire process.
    Last edited by Mike; 11-19-2019 at 01:04 AM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

I just don't think the Founding Fathers would've foreseen Supreme Court justices weaving law out of whole cloth (e.g. "rights" to abortion, sodomy, gay marriage, can't execute retards and juveniles, Jim Crow bad/affirmative action good, can't ask whether people are citizens for the census for crying out loud, etc.). I imagine they were likely primarily concerned with run-of-the-mill corruption.

I don't think the Founding Fathers could have foreseen this society, rife with mass everything, that has produced an isolated, dumbed down, and psychologically suffering population that doesn't hold their government accountable. Almost a three way intersection of Fahrenheit 451, 1984, and Brave New World.

While I certainly agree Moh that, the morality of abortion debate aside, there is nothing in the text that prescribes for the right to one. One can grasp at straws and say pregnancy holds up their life, and thus their pursuit of happiness, but that argument wouldn't fly if a mother were to kill her born child.

And the bans on executing the retarded and juveniles are the most egregious examples of judicial activism. The majority had to rely on "muh evolving standards of decency" to justify those constitutional gymnastics that would defeat Nadia Comaneci in the Olympics.

And don't even get me started on the census. Citizenship has been on it before, but it's different when Trump does it. We can thank the infinite wisdom of Roberts for that.

I would state that Jim Crow was surely unconstitutional and that Obergefell v. Hodges was, in my opinion, correctly decided.

But judicial activism is a disease that the Founding Fathers could not have foreseen. Most 5-4 decisions should be 9-0, and yet they aren't because laws are woven of cloth.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Robert Luck confirmed to the 11th Circuit 64-31.

https://twitter.com/SenateCloakroom/...453184513?s=19

Barbara Lagoa confirmed to the 11th Circuit 80-15.

https://twitter.com/SenateCloakroom/...182627334?s=19

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information