Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Milles Manson - California

This is horrible!!! Like I said look at her eyes....she looks brainwashed. Never mind an intervention, she needs a De-programmer who specializes in people who have been sucked into some freaky cult.

Related

Former Manson Family killer Bruce Davis granted parole

Former Manson Family member Bruce Davis, who was sentenced to life in prison for two 1969 murders carried out with other members of the cult, was granted parole on Wednesday by a California parole board, although it was not certain he would be freed.

Davis' parole must still be affirmed by California Governor Jerry Brown, who reversed a similar decision by the same board last year, saying that the 71-year-old convicted killer remained a danger to the public.

A spokesman for Brown declined to say if the governor was expected to block Davis' release again.

Davis has been serving a life sentence in a California state prison since his 1972 conviction for the murders of music teacher Gary Hinman, who was stabbed to death in July 1969, and stunt man Donald "Shorty" Shea, who was killed the following month.

Davis, who was arrested in 1970 after nearly a year on the run, was previously granted parole in 2010 but remained incarcerated after that decision was reversed by then-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Manson became one of the 20th century's most infamous criminals in the summer of 1969, when he directed his mostly young, female followers to murder seven people in what prosecutors said was part of a plan to incite a race war between whites and blacks.

Among the victims was actress Sharon Tate, the pregnant wife of filmmaker Roman Polanski. She was stabbed 16 times by members of the cult in the early morning hours of August 9, 1969.

Four other people were also stabbed or shot to death at Tate's home that night by the Manson followers, who scrawled the word "Pig" in blood on the front door before leaving.

The following night, Manson's group stabbed Leno and Rosemary LaBianca to death, using their blood to write "Rise," "Death to Pigs" and "Healter Skelter" - a misspelled reference to the Beatles song "Helter Skelter" - on the walls and refrigerator door.

Davis did not take part in those murders.

Manson was originally sentenced to death for the murder spree that horrified the nation in the late 1960s but was spared execution after the California Supreme Court declared the death penalty unconstitutional in 1972.

Now 79, he is serving a life sentence at Corcoran State Prison for the seven Tate-LaBianca killings and the murder of Hinman. He has been repeatedly denied parole.

Steve Grogan, a Manson Family member who was convicted of murdering Shea at Manson's direction, was released in the mid-1980s.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,5943130.story
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Bruce Davis

Related

California governor denies parole to Charles Manson follower Bruce Davis

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Gov. Jerry Brown reversed a parole board and denied on Friday the release of a former Charles Manson follower who served more than 43 years in prison.

It was the third time a California governor denied the release of Bruce Davis, 71, a member of the murderous Manson Family who was convicted in the 1969 slayings of musician Gary Hinman and stuntman Donald "Shorty" Shea.

In March, the parole board once again found that he was suitable for parole based on his age, conduct in prison -- he became a born-again Christian in prison, earned a doctoral degree in philosophy of religion, ministers to other inmates -- and other factors.

Brown lauded Davis for his efforts to improve himself. However, he wrote in his five-page decision that the evidence shows Davis "currently poses an unreasonable danger to society if released from prison."

Davis' attorney, Michael Beckman, called the governor's decision "horrible" and vowed to keep fighting until Davis is released from prison.

Davis long maintained that he was a bystander in the killings, but in recent years he has acknowledged his shared responsibility.

Brown said his refusal to grant parole to Davis last year was based on the gravity of his offenses as well his refusal to fully accept responsibility for his role in the murders. He wrote in Friday's decision that Davis continues to paint himself as a passive bystander and noted comments he made to a psychologist in 2013.

"I was a dependent person. I needed attention and approval. I wasn't my own person. I wanted sex, drugs and rock 'n roll," Davis said.

He later added: "I wasn't looking out for my best interests; I was led by fools, bigger fools than myself."

Brown said he had asked Davis to reconcile his version of being a follower with the evidence that he was "a leader who actively championed the Family's values."

"He did not address these concerns at his most recent parole hearing," the decision said.

Davis was not involved in the notorious killings of actress Sharon Tate and six others, making him a more likely candidate for parole than many of the better-known Manson family members.

Manson and three of his followers, Leslie Van Houten, Patricia Krenwinkel and Charles "Tex" Watson, remain in prison for life in the Tate killings. Their co-defendant, Susan Atkins, died of cancer behind bars in 2009.

A spokesman for the Board of Parole Hearing said that by law, Davis will get another chance to go before the board sometime between March and September next year.

A parole board determined in 2010 that Davis was ready for release, but then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger reversed the decision.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...l#incart_river
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster elsie's Avatar
    Good, he is where he needs to be.
    Proverbs 21:15 "When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evil doers."

Ahh, love springs eternal . . .

Charles Manson gets wedding license

CORCORAN, Calif. (AP) – Mass murderer Charles Manson has gotten a license to marry a 26-year-old woman who visits him in prison.

The Kings County marriage license, viewed Monday by The Associated Press, was issued Nov. 7 for the 80-year-old Manson and Afton Elaine Burton, who left her Midwestern home nine years ago and moved to Corcoran, California — the site of the prison — to be near Manson. She maintains several websites advocating Manson's innocence.

The license does not specify a wedding date and indicates the couple has 90 days to get married or they will have to reapply.

Burton, who goes by the name "Star," told the AP that she and Manson will be married next month.

"Y'all can know that it's true," she said. "It's going to happen."

"I love him," she added. "I'm with him. There's all kinds of things."

Burton gave an interview a year ago to Rolling Stone magazine in which she said she and Manson planned to marry. But Manson, who became notorious in 1969 as the leader of a roving "family" of young killers, was less certain about tying the knot.

"That's a bunch of garbage," Manson said in the December 2013 interview. "That's trash We're playing that for public consumption."

Asked Monday about those comments, Burton said, "None of that's true," adding that they're waiting for the prison to complete their paperwork.

California Department of Corrections spokeswoman Terry Thornton confirmed to the AP that the license had been transmitted to the prison.

Thornton said each California prison designates an employee to be a marriage coordinator who processes paperwork for an inmate's request to be wed. In most cases, she said, the department of corrections approves of such weddings as "a tool of family reunification and social development." But Manson is a unique case.

Burton said the wedding might have happened earlier if Manson did not have "some situations" at the prison.

Thornton explained that in February, Manson had three violations for possession of a weapon, threatening staff and refusal to provide a urine sample. Further details on the violations were not immediately available.

Burton said the prison holds marriages on the first Saturday of each month. She expects to be married in an inmate visiting room at the prison.

Thornton confirmed that Manson can have a wedding at the prison and invite an officiate from outside the prison to perform the ceremony.

He and his prospective spouse also would be allowed to invite 10 guests who are not inmates.

However, as a life prisoner with no parole date, he is not entitled to family visits, a euphemism for conjugal visits.

Why marry Manson under those conditions?

Burton said she was interested in working on his case and helping him obtain possible release. Marrying him would allow her to get information not available to non-relatives, she said without elaborating.

"There's certain things next of kin can do," she said.

She said she believes Manson is innocent and will get a new trial.

He and two women followers, Leslie Van Houten and Patricia Krenwinkel, remain imprisoned. Another follower, Susan Atkins, died of cancer behind bars.

They were convicted in the gruesome killings of actress Sharon Tate and four others at her estate on Aug. 9, 1969, and grocers Leno and Rosemary LaBianca who were killed the following night.

Manson would not be eligible for parole until 2027. He has been a habitual criminal and spent most of his life in prison.

Source

Note: Afton Elaine Burton is an attention wh***.

Attached Images Attached Images
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

Gee, Michael . . . do you think?

In this June 5, 2013 file photo, Debra Tate speaks about her sister, actress Sharon Tate, who was killed by the Manson family, during a parole hearing for former Manson family member, Leslie Van Houten at the California Institution for Women in Chino, Calif. Tate, who acts as a spokeswoman for the families of Manson's victims, said the impending marriage of Charles Manson is "ludicrous." "I think it's insane," she said. "What would any young woman in her right mind want with an 80-year-old man?" As for Manson's motives, she said, "The devil is alive and well."

Sharon Tate’s sister crusades against Charles Manson

By Linda Deutsch
    The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Debra Tate, whose pregnant sister Sharon was slain in 1969 by the murderous followers of Charles Manson, has spent much of her life trying to divert attention from the cult leader and keep him in prison.

Her job got tougher with the news that Manson, now 80, plans to marry a 26-year-old woman who moved from the Midwest years ago to be near him.

Debra Tate calls the development “ludicrous” and “insane,” but says she is not surprised.

“It’s always something with him,” she said.

Tate said Manson’s bride-to-be, Afton Elaine Burton, known as “Star,” seems to believe that Manson is leading a movement to save the environment.

Its name, ATWA — which stands for air, trees, water, animals — was emblazoned on a T-shirt worn by Burton when The Associated Press interviewed her on Monday.

“I wonder how long it will take for her to figure out this is just a con,” Tate said. “It makes me wonder what is missing in her life that she would want to marry an 80-year-old man. Is she a victim? Is she mentally deranged?”

Burton has said she loves Manson and wants to help exonerate him. Marrying him would provide access to information denied to nonrelatives, she said without elaborating.

Tate, 62, recently published a coffee table book about her sister.

“There are no M words in the book. No Manson, no murder,” Tate said Tuesday. “It’s a celebration of Sharon’s life, her fashion sense, her physical beauty and her spirit.”

With an introduction by Sharon’s widower, director Roman Polanski, the book is entitled “Sharon Tate Recollection.”

Sharon Tate was 26 and more than 8 months pregnant when she was killed with four other people. The next night, grocers Leno and Rosemary La Bianca were stabbed to death across town.

Manson later stood trial with Susan Atkins, Patricia Krenwinkel and Leslie Van Houten. All were sentenced to death as was a fifth killer, Charles “Tex” Watson. When the death penalty was outlawed briefly in 1972, their sentences were commuted to life in prison.

A self-imposed purgatory followed for the family of Sharon Tate. Her mother and two sisters committed themselves to attending every parole hearing for every Manson family member to argue against their release.

Debra Tate is one of the few people still alive to carry on that cause. Foremost in her mind is preventing the spread of Manson’s Internet following.

“I don’t want any more heinous actions by another family like his because of something I didn’t do,” she said.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...charles-manson
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Will Cult Killer Charles Manson Wed His 27-Year-Old Superfan This Week?

Love can sometimes be a complicated mess, and the love life of infamous cult leader and convicted murderer Charles Manson is certainly no exception. Life in prison likely makes it much more difficult. The cult killer has a marriage license and as fate would have it, it may run out before he’ll have a chance to actually use it.

Afton Elaine Burton and the 80 year old Charles Manson obtained a marriage license last year in order to stage a prison wedding, but it appears as if the license is set to expire on Thursday.

This means that Manson and his young bride-to-be missed their opportunity to exchange vows in Corcoran State Prison as prison weddings are not allowed during the week, said California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokesperson Terry Thornton.

Manson and his bride would have had a contact visit, meaning person to person without a glass wall to separate them, but he was denied the right to a conjugal wedding visitation.

Charles Manson was originally sentenced to death in 1969 for orchestrating the brutal murders of seven people in Los Angeles County, including actress Sharon Tate, who was eight and one-half months pregnant at the time. His sentence was later reduced to life in prison when California abolished the death penalty in the 1970s

In July of 1969, a 34-year-old musician by the name of Gary Hinman was stabbed to death for refusing to give Manson money and property.

Later in August, Manson followers Susan Atkins, Patricia Krenwinkel, Tex Watson and Linda Kasabian made their way through the Hollywood Hills to the Benedict Canyon estate where Tate and her husband, director Roman Polanski lived and brutally murdered the six people in the house at Charles Manson’s behest.

At the time of the murders, Polanski was in London scouting film locations. Now, more than forty five years later, he still speaks lovingly of his late wife, Sharon Tate. “Even after so many years, I find myself unable to watch a spectacular sunset or visit a lovely old house or experience visual pleasure of any kind without instinctively telling myself how much she would have loved it all. In these ways I shall remain faithful to her till the day I die.”

Manson himself later entered the home of 44-year-old Leno LaBianca and tied him up along with his 38-year-old wife Rosemary. There he ordered their deaths at the hands of Watson, Krenwinkel and Leslie Van Houten.

A final victim’s body, buried on the Spahn Ranch property where the Manson Family had their commune, was finally found in 1977, eight years after his murder. Donald “Shorty” Shea, who was a ranch hand at the Spahn Ranch in Chatsworth, was the last victim of Charles Manson’s murderous family.

Burton maintains Manson’s innocence to this day and hopes that her marriage to the infamous cult leader will help her overturn his conviction.

Burton professed her love of Manson and left her home in Illinois to live in California and be closer to the cult leader. She has remained in in the state for the last nine years. She is intent on marrying the killer and will take his name as the expiring license shows.

Afton Burton, who goes by the name ‘Star,’ will be applying for a new marriage license.. She declared back in November, after obtaining the first license, that the nuptials will indeed happen.

“Y’all can know that it’s true… It’s going to happen.”

Other Manson followers have already taken their vows behind bars. Charles ‘Tex” Watson, a Charles Manson devotee, was married and fathered four of his own children before prisons banned conjugal visits for inmates serving life sentences in the 1990s.

Susan Atkins, convicted of eight murders, was married twice before dying of cancer at the age of 61. She served 38 years in prison before her death.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1809861/wil...Bj85J5MKKDG.99
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Charles Manson’s fiancée reportedly wanted to marry him for his corpse

This plot was too crazy even for Charles Manson.

Manson's engagement to a woman 53 years his junior was part of a wild scheme of hers to profit by putting his body on public display after his death, says the author of an upcoming book.

Manson's fiancée, 27-year-old Afton Elaine Burton, known as Star, sought to wed the convicted mastermind of the Sharon Tate murder and eight other slayings so that she could gain possession of his corpse, according to journalist Daniel Simone.

Burton and a pal, Craig Hammond, planned to lay out Manson’s remains in a glass crypt, Simone says. The pair figured their bizarre California version of Lenin’s Tomb would draw huge crowds and make big money.

But Manson, 80, does not want to marry Burton and has no interest in spending eternity displayed in a glass coffin, Simone told The Post. "He's finally realized that he's been played for a fool," Simone said.

Another reason the madman balked at the plan is because he believes he is immortal. "He feels he will never die," Simone said. "Therefore, he feels it's a stupid idea to begin with."

Manson’s and Burton’s marriage license expired Thursday [February 5, 2015]. “They plan on renewing the license, and things will move forward in the coming months,” says a statement posted on Burton’s and Hammond’s website.

Burton and Hammond — who uses the nickname Gray Wolf — could not be reached for comment.

The wedding was postponed “due to an unexpected interruption in logistics,” the site says. Manson entered a prison medical facility for treatment of an infection about two months ago and cannot receive visitors, Simone said.

California prison officials would not comment on either Manson’s medical condition or his whereabouts.

Simone and a collaborator, Heidi Jordan Ley, are seeking a publisher for their book, The Retrial of Charles Manson. Manson and other inmates at Corcoran State Prison in California are helping the project. The authors say they spoke with Manson regularly before his phone privileges were suspended two years ago. They also corresponded with Manson and his inmate friends by mail.

According to the authors, Burton and Hammond hatched their plan to display Manson’s corpse about two years ago.

Initially, the duo asked Manson to sign a document that would let them take his body when he dies.

“He didn’t give them a yes, he didn’t give them a no. He sort of strung them along,” Simone said. Burton and Hammond regularly brought Manson toiletries and other items. Stringing them along kept the goodies coming, Simone said.

When it became clear last year that the purportedly death-proof Manson would not green-light the plan, Burton and Hammond switched to the marriage idea, Simone says.

If Burton married Manson, the pair realized, California law would give her possession of Manson’s remains upon his death, Simone said.

Simone believes Manson never intended to marry Burton. “Manson never consented to the wedding in the first place and never will,” he said.

Another Simone book, The Lufthansa Heist, about a $6 million armed robbery at Kennedy Airport in 1978, is due out next month. He co-authored it with GoodFellas mobster Henry Hill, who died in 2012.

Source

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information