Thread: Jay Kelly Pinkerton (JUVENILE) - Texas Execution - May 15, 1986

Jay Kelly Pinkerton (JUVENILE) - Texas Execution - May 15, 1986

Summary of Offense: Convicted of two stabbing murders in Amarillo, both occurring during unrelated robberies. The first victim was Sarah Lawrence, 30; the second was Sherry Welch, 23. Both women were raped.

Victim: Sarah Donn Lawrence

Time of Death: 12:25 a.m.

Manner of execution: Lethal Injection

Last Meal: Fish sandwich, french fries and milk

Final Statement: "Be strong for me," Pinkerton told his father, Gene Pinkerton, as witnesses entered the execution chamber. "I want you to know I’m at peace with myself and with my God," Pinkerton said. He recited a prayer to Allah, the supreme being of Islam. "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah. With your praise I ask for forgiveness and I return unto you," Pinkerton said. "I love you, Dad."

Junior Member Stranger
    Jay Kelley Pinkerton was young, from a middle-class family that was educated. He was a sick individual and so young. Jay had been arrested for looking in windows at night. He also had broken into homes and had in his possession women’s undergarments. I guess what is the sickest thing about him was he got off raping the women after he had stabbed them to death. Our town was gripped from fear until he was arrested. At his arrest and trial he was cocky arrogant and denied any involvement. He went to his death the same way. Sarah Dawn Lawrence’s children (very young) and husband moved to Lubbock because of the emotional state they were under and our town. I didn’t know if I believed in the death penalty until Pinkerton killed Sarah and Sherry Lynn Welch. After the fear, and trials I believed Pinkerton didn’t deserve to live. Milam is a sick individual too and deserves to die, Amora was one of the most innocent victims here. That poor baby couldn’t even defend herself. I believe there is a God and Blaine will stand in judgement.

Thread Information