Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theodore Robert “Ted” Bundy - Florida Execution - January 24, 1989

Theodore Robert “Ted” Bundy - Florida Execution - January 24, 1989

Lisa Levy, Margaret Bowman and Kimberly Diane Leach

Ted Bundy during a final interview the day before his execution

Summary of Offense: Serial killer, convicted in Florida for the murders of two women and a little girl

Victims: Kimberly Diane Leach, Margaret Bowman and Lisa Levy

Time of Death: 7:06 a.m.

Manner of execution: Electric Chair

Last Meal: The morning of his execution, Bundy enjoyed a last meal consisting of steak, fried eggs, hash browns and coffee.

Final Statement: "I'd like you to give my love to my family and friends."

There is a plethora of information on Bundy on the internet.

Heidi, I remember that well. It was front page news and all over CNN back then.

There is a mistake on that last meal. It is true Bundy was offered that last meal you listed but he refused it. He was so scared towards the end his hands were shaking and he was sweating! Talk about KARMA!

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    My dad remembers that all over the radio they were saying turn off all your lights so more electricity will be sent down to Florida and thus more electricity into Bundy.

I was a freshman at Bradford High School there in Starke, FL at that time...before we were about to go into class...his white hearse along with a sheriff's car drove right in front of me on US 301 South headed towards Gainesville.

Ted Bundy’s Teen Survivor Recalls The Moment He Snatched Her With A Thirst For Murder

Utah teenager Carol DaRonch’s car had stalled in the mall parking lot after a day of shopping in the fall of 1974. The first person to show up and help was an off-duty police officer – or so he said.

“I was starting to feel a little uneasy and thought I could smell alcohol. That’s when he promptly pulled out his wallet and showed me a badge,” DaRonch shared in Netflix’s new four-part docuseries Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes, which premiers Thursday.

DaRonch, 18, thought it was odd that the man who identified himself as Ted Bundy drove a VW bug, but he had an officer’s badge, so it should be okay to hop in his car and head to the police station as he suggested, right? It wasn’t.

“He headed down a side street and suddenly pulled over by the curb of an elementary school. That’s when I started freaking out,” she said.

Her instincts were dead on. Bundy had already conned her and smoothly persuaded her to get into his car. His next step was to murder her. Bundy grabbed her arm and snapped one handcuff onto her wrist.

“I had never been so frightened in my entire life,” DaRonch said in the film. “I thought, ‘My god my parents are never going to know what happened to me.'”

The teen managed to fight Bundy off. Sadly, Bundy left the botched attempted with DaRonch to find another teen and murder her that same day, 17-year-old Debra Jean Kent. Before the attack on DaRonch, Bundy had already murdered countless women before, females who were walking through parking lots alone, one leaving a bar, another right outside her sorority house, even two in broad daylight in a busy park.

DaRonch became one of Bundy’s few survivors, but the first to be able to identify him and testify against him in court, which led to his first conviction from his years-long spree of kidnappings, sexual assaults and murders, People reported.

Her gut-wrenching tale and those of other victims are included in the Netflix series. Interviews with investigators, prosecutors and others involved in the case also are featured in this harrowing series. There also is approximately 100 hours of never-before-heard audio recorded during death row interviews he provided while waiting execution in a Florida prison.

Capturing Bundy was a problem in and of itself. He escaped twice from police custody. While on trial, he repeatedly emphasized he was innocent and represented himself; after all, he was a law school student.

Docuseries director Joe Berlinger, who also is releasing a fictionalized account of Bundy’s crimes in a film starring Zac Efron, told People it’s that “incongruity about Bundy’s character that he wanted to explore.”

“Why is Bundy considered the serial killer that everybody seems to know something about and why he is a source of endless fascination?” Berlinger said.

After listening to Bundy’s prison interviews on audio, he was left with a chilled feeling and insight that he thought others would be interested in hearing.

“I wasn’t sure until I started listening to the [tapes] and listening to the stuff, it burned and deepened some of the troubling aspects of Bundy’s story that I felt were worth putting on screen which I hadn’t yet seen before, which is this deep dive into the mind of a killer and the personality of a killer,” he said. “Because I think the thing that’s most chilling, interesting, fascinating to me about Bundy is that he defied many of the stereotypes of the serial killer.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5263145/te...st-for-murder/
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Netflix begs users to stop calling Ted Bundy 'hot' as docu-series viewers go gaga over the serial killer's looks

Netflix is begging its users to stop calling Ted Bundy 'hot' after the release of the network's new docu-series on the serial killer. Thousands of people who watched the show have tweeted to say how attractive and good looking he was.

The streaming service's social media manager was shocked at the number of people who have seen the series so far and have focused on Bundy's appearance over disgusting heinous crimes. In a friendly but firm tweet, Netflix's account read, "I've seen a lot of talk about Ted Bundy’s alleged hotness and would like to gently remind everyone that there are literally THOUSANDS of hot men on the service — almost all of whom are not convicted, serial murderers."

Netflix US
    @netflix

I've seen a lot of talk about Ted Bundy’s alleged hotness and would like to gently remind everyone that there are literally THOUSANDS of hot men on the service — almost all of whom are not convicted serial murderers

1:18 PM - Jan 28, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

27.4K people are talking about this

Several Twitter users call him "hot" and "sexy" and some even shared screenshots of his face from the documentary. One user wrote, "I know he’s a murderer but we can say Ted Bundy is hot right? I mean Efron is going to play him. Feel like that’s OK." While another user added, "Ted Bundy was very attractive and no one can tell me different." A third user commented, "literally why the fuck was Ted Bundy so hot lol." Another person said, "He was hot. I can’t believe I’m writing this about a serial killer."

Chencha (In Real Life)@SoyLaChencha

He was hot. I can’t believe I’m writing this about a serial killer. #TedBundy

7:37 AM - Jan 29, 2019

[URL="https://twitter.com/SoyLaChencha"]

See Chencha (In Real Life)'s other Tweets

However, not everyone saw it that way. One user shared, "Ladies I may not be as hot as ted bundy but I will also not murder you." While another shared, "Straight ppl thinking ted bundy is hot is just further evidence that we must ban heterosexuality." A third user added, "His physical appearance made him more dangerous and confident in his manipulative ways. Making crime glamorous is dangerous and very sad. Always remember the victims and never judge a book by its cover. A monster may live behind any mask."
    This is not the first time that people have been moved by his looks and nor is it the first time his ability to lure his victims has been attributed to his looks. While Bundy was death row, he received many letters from several female admirers and a woman named Carol Anne Boone even ended up marrying him while he was on trial for multiple homicides.

The docu-series is titled 'Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes' and came out on January 24, 2019. Ever since its release, it has been an instant hit with viewers who have taken to social media platforms to discuss the series in detail. Ted Bundy confessed to killing around 30 women in seven states and even managed to escape prison twice. He was executed for his sickening crimes in 1989.

https://meaww.com/netflix-ted-bundy-...l-killer-looks

Did they honestly expect this not to happen? Especially in an age when most true crime shows sexualize spousal murders and other scandalous deeds?

Objectively speaking, he was a good looking guy. It's not like he has groupies lining up to marry him like others on DR.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Did they honestly expect this not to happen? Especially in an age when most true crime shows sexualize spousal murders and other scandalous deeds?

Objectively speaking, he was a good looking guy. It's not like he has groupies lining up to marry him like others on DR.
    Have you watched the series? Young ladies lined up everyday to see him in the court room.

I have not watched it, nor do I intend to.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information