Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Lewis Lee - Federal Execution - July 14, 2020

Going back to what the Alfred said yesterday she’s going but yet opposed to this yeah that doesn’t make sense. Deep down who knows what’s going through her mind. Maybe there’s a strong possibility she wants this execution to happen.
    Last edited by Neil; 07-10-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Senior Member Member
    the thing that gets me is whether he gets life forever and ever or the death penalty, both of those are way too humane for the way these people were worse than murdered.

U.S. judge blocks federal execution over victims' family coronavirus fears

Reuters - A U.S. federal judge issued an injunction on Friday stopping what would have been the first execution of a federal prisoner in 17 years from being carried out on Monday after the victims' family sued saying they feared that attending could expose them to COVID-19.

Daniel Lewis Lee was convicted of killing three members of an Arkansas family in 1996, but some relatives of his victims opposed him receiving the death sentence.

The relatives said they had a right to attend the execution if it took place, but sued the Department of Justice in the U.S. district court in Indianapolis to block the execution until the coronavirus pandemic has passed.

Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson on Friday ruled that the Justice Department must delay the execution until it can show it is observing the right of the victims' relatives to attend without a risk to their health.

Attorney General William Barr announced last July that the Justice Department would resume carrying out executions of some of the 62 inmates on federal death row.

He originally scheduled five executions for last December, but was ordered to delay them by a federal judge in Washington while long-running lawsuits challenging the government's lethal-injection protocol played out.

An appeals court overturned that injunction in April, and Barr announced new execution dates for July and August of four inmates, all men convicted murdering children: Lee, Wesley Purkey, Dustin Honken and Keith Nelson.

Lee's execution had been scheduled for Monday at the Justice Department's execution chamber in Terre Haute, Indiana.

The Justice Department filed a notice in the Indianapolis court that it would appeal the injunction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...210214602.html
    Last edited by Neil; 07-10-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Probably. But I'm willing to bet these holy man appeals work now too. Yes they're bogus. But appeals don't have to have merit to succeed nowadays. Their only goal is to push these, hiding behind the "pandemic," until after Trump’s first term in hopes that Sleepy Joe wins.

But, this stay was issued by, suprise, an Obama judge. An appeal to the 7th is worthwhile as Republican judges have a 9-2 advantage on that court. This ruling is profoundly wrong to its very molecular being. Their right to witness has not been violated - they can see it at their own risk or choose not to. They oppose it anyway so this is nothing more than a cynical, dishonest attempt to exert legal influence they normally wouldn't have.

The ruling insinuates that the family is being prohibited from viewing when it's literally their their own decision to not go right now. This captures the quintessence of improper stays - blatantly getting the facts wrong and egregiously abusing raw judicial power to stop something simply because you can. Unfortunately they're becoming more and more ubiquitous.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

So Barr has appealed hopefully he’s successful.

Since the stay was over coronavirus, it’ll likely be lifted. With the executions of Barton and Wardlow, SCOTUS is done with coronavirus stays
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Lee is scheduled for execution at 4.00pm Monday.

This changing time from 7.00am to 4.00pm is for the U.S. Supreme Court to consider any appeals before Chief Justice John Roberts.

As a factor for witnesses to the execution, all witnesses must wear a face mask and spaced out in accordance to social distancing. This has proven right in Missouri and Texas.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Aaron you can delete that comment of mine asking if Barr will appeal this since I updated Lewis’s stay injunction post. You can also delete Ryan’s comment too and part of yours too

EARLENE PETERSON, )KIMMA GUREL, )MONICA VEILLETTE v WILLIAM P. BARR, )MICHAEL CARVAJAL, )T.J. WATSON

Here is the preliminary injunction order by U.S. District Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson.
    Last edited by Heidi; 07-12-2020 at 09:21 AM. Reason: SHAKING MY HEAD
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

The Seventh Circuit denied Lee a stay today.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...020-07-10.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information