Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Lewis Lee - Federal Execution - July 14, 2020

Absolutely not. The victim's family shouldn't be taken into consideration if they oppose. This is just an underhanded attempt to stop something they oppose. They have a simple choice: attend at their own risk or don't.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil123 View Post
    Honestly, Trump should commute this one the family members donÂ’t want it to happen anyway. The family members for other inmates that do want their executions to go through are not given ample air time.
    Trump commuting the sentence for a white supremacist? Perhaps not such a great idea if you don't want to give the left any ammo leading up to the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil123 View Post
    Earlene Peterson, the mother of Nancy Mueller and grandmother of 8-year-old Sarah Powell, two of the three brutally murdered in 1996, says the coronavirus poses too much of a travel threat for her to leave her home in Hector to go to Indiana.
    Right. So she opposes his execution altogether. She doesn't want him to die. But then she does want to witness the execution that she doesn't want to happen in the first place? That's just intellectually absurd. And it sounds like an abuse of the court.

I’m all for executions in most cases they are supported by the victims family but in this case it’s not. I still want him to get the needle but I don’t know how this could be squared as justice.

Neil, you are wrong into thinking that Trump should commute Lee's sentence to LWOP. Regardless of this, with appeals to the U.S. Supreme Court to decide his fate in good time.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

All of this aside, I can't be the only one unnerved by the complete lack of any rulings on this case can I? With execution set for Monday, we're going to see a flurry of litigation and action tomorrow, possibly on the weekend, and Monday. And likely a delay of a few hours if this execution is indeed carried out.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

I thought the same thing here. Trump has been very quiet on mentioning them and capital punishment is so frequently less talked about then what it used to be.

Commuting this death sentence is the second worst thing Trump could do
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    What’s the first?
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

Last thing on this I for one wouldn’t mind if he’s executed but what I’m saying is I can’t square this as justice if the victims family opposes the execution.

Now there was a Texas execution back in 2018 where the son opposed it. That execution was not commuted by Abbott. I didn’t want that one commuted because he raped someone prior. It gets hard for me to support executions when there is nobody on the victims side support it. In Christopher Young’s case the person that he raped was glad to see him go.

The first would be commuting Kaboni Savage
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information