Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Anthony Micah Bernard - Federal Execution - December 10, 2020

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Perhaps. I'd like to think so.
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

It seems like Bernard will be the last federal execution in the current era. What a shame if the Feds didn't get stopped last winter we could've gotten more through this backlog. They had a good run this year anyway.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Well, the "current era" is as good as the last era. The only way I see a new era is if such a political schism occurs so that states secede and form a new nation. It could happen, Texas will soon join Arizona as an automatic blue state, we'll never have another Republican president or senate majority. With permanent minority status, states such as AL, the Dakotas, and WY will become very frustrated without representation. Maybe the Union will break into separate countries.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Ok the black pilling is getting old tx isn’t turning blue and AZ going for Biden isn’t evidence of a trend(remover Obama won IN in 2008) is more crap candidates and old people worshipping John McCain like he was sent by g-d himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It seems like Bernard will be the last federal execution in the current era. What a shame if the Feds didn't get stopped last winter we could've gotten more through this backlog. They had a good run this year anyway.
    It’s possible Barr could set three more for early January
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

@Bob, Barr could set five executions within the two weeks of January. Whatever trash Barr can take out, the better! Federal executions could resume some day with a future Republican president or completely done away with according to the Biden-Harris administration.

Being months away, the 9/11 military death penalty trial could be delayed inevitably. The trial being held in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba is scheduled for trial January 11, 2021.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    Indeed Ryan, and also let's not forget there is a number of them that only need a 20 day notice before execution, those who had their stay lifted by Chutkan in September.

And further what Shep says, let's stop the blackpilling, there are enough positive signs to cherish from the election. Trump has done some badly needed maintenance to the GOP, transformed it into a winning formula again, which all the McCains, Romneys, and Bushes of this world combined would not have been able to affect.

I'm not blackpilled at all, but a hypothetical fracturing of the union is something I do ponder. I do think there will be a great deal of upheaval in our lifetimes, like it or not that's a fact not a blackpill.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by Shep3 View Post
    Ok the black pilling is getting old tx isn’t turning blue and AZ going for Biden isn’t evidence of a trend(remover Obama won IN in 2008) is more crap candidates and old people worshipping John McCain like he was sent by g-d himself.
    Shep how do you know Arizona is not on track of becoming the next Virginia? This year we lost two GOP states to Biden. Georgia and Arizona are looking like the next Virginia not the fluke that was 2008 with Indiana.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Because the same election cycle in AZ gave the gop continued control in the state legislature (both houses) and in GA the senate candidates for the GOP both were ahead in overall votes.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information