Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Orlando Cordia Hall - Federal Execution - November 19, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by johncocacola View Post
    No. Before 1999 all federal death row prisoners were held on the states death row while awaiting execution. That’s why he’s on the TDCJ’s website as a former death row inmate.
    So is he not still under a state sentence of death inTexas? Could he not be returned to the custody of TDCJ for purpose of execution in the event his appeals exhausted there first?
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    He is not under a state sentence of death. The federal death penalty act does allow states to carry out executions for the federal government, as was the dispute in the District of Columbia court last fall.

The Federal government is attempting to lift an injunction that is stopping Hall from being executed. In the filing they note his appeals have been exhausted for the past 10 years.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...417.1597980895
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay of execution VACATED by District of Columbia United States District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan (Obama).

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...2019mc0145-265

U.S. Plans to Carry Out Eighth Federal Execution This Year in November

REUTERS - THE U.S. Department of Justice plans to execute Orlando Hall, a convicted murderer, on Nov. 19, according to a notice filed with a federal judge overseeing challenges to the department's lethal injection protocol.

The United States has already carried out seven executions this year after resuming the punishment in the summer, ending a 17-year hiatus.

(Reporting by Jonathan Allen; Editing by Leslie Adler)

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...ar-in-november
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 09-30-2020 at 04:49 PM.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Execution for Hall is set for 6pm.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Only one?
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

There will likely be one or two more set for November.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    Execution Scheduled for Federal Death Row Inmate Convicted of Murdering a Child

Attorney General William P. Barr today directed the Federal Bureau of Prisons to schedule the execution of Orlando Cordia Hall, who was sentenced to death after kidnapping, raping, and murdering a 16-year-old girl in 1994.

In September 1994, Hall and several accomplices ran a marijuana trafficking operation out of Pine Bluff, Arkansas. After a failed drug transaction involving $4,700, Hall and his accomplices went to the Arlington, Texas, home of a man they believed had reneged on the deal. The man’s 16-year-old sister, Lisa Rene, answered the door. Although she was simply an innocent bystander, Hall and his accomplices kidnapped her at gunpoint, and Hall raped her in the car. Hall’s accomplices subsequently drove her to a motel in Arkansas, where they raped her several more times. Hall and his accomplices then took her to a park where they had dug a grave. There, they beat her over the head with a shovel, soaked her with gasoline, and buried her alive.

In October 1995, a jury in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas found Hall guilty of, among other offenses, kidnapping resulting in death, and unanimously recommended a death sentence, which the court imposed. Hall’s convictions and sentences were affirmed on appeal more than 20 years ago, and his initial round of collateral challenges failed nearly 15 years ago. In 2006, Hall received a preliminary injunction from a federal district court in Washington, D.C., based on his challenge to the then-existing federal lethal-injection protocol. That injunction was vacated by the district court on Sept. 20, 2020, making Hall the only child murderer on federal death row who is eligible for execution and not subject to a stay or injunction. Hall’s execution is scheduled for Nov. 19, 2020, at U.S. Penitentiary Terre Haute, Indiana.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/execu...urdering-child

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    That injunction was vacated by the district court on Sept. 20, 2020, making Hall the only child murderer on federal death row who is eligible for execution and not subject to a stay or injunction.
    This confirms a theory that I had that Federal executions are themed. Child killers first, car jackers second.

If anyone wants a good read you should look at what his attorneys are saying.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15OM...0CqgbLU6t/view
    Last edited by Mike; 09-30-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information