Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Dwayne Nelson - Federal Execution - August 28, 2020

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    I bit the bullet and did an Ancestry search for Nelson. My search returned a Keith D. Nelson who was living in Amsterdam, Missouri and was born on 23 November 1974. Too close to be a coincidence.
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

I really do admire your commitment to finding these, and I hope I'm not the only one who greatly appreciates it.

As someone who has done academic research on their own dime (I spent triple digits obtaining various monographs, a JSTOR account, and a Newspapers.com subscription to write my senior thesis) I really do commend you.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

The link to the relevant order can be found in this tweet being linked. Despite Purkey’s autopsy showing pulmonary edema, Chutkan dismissed Nelson's challenge to Pentobarbital on those grounds. SCOTUS broke her.

https://twitter.com/RDunhamDPIC/stat...768809984?s=19
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Purkey probably got edema because he was a withering old fart. What about Lee and Honken?
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

The order only mentions Purkey having suffered it, and made no mention of the autopsies of Lee and Honken. So I'm assuming that they didn't.

Senior Member Frequent Poster joe_con's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I bit the bullet and did an Ancestry search for Nelson. My search returned a Keith D. Nelson who was living in Amsterdam, Missouri and was born on 23 November 1974. Too close to be a coincidence.
    Waiting on my FOIA request to the BOP, as soon as I receive it I will have dates of birth for all federal inmates sentenced to death as well as those that were executed since 2001.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The link to the relevant order can be found in this tweet being linked. Despite Purkey’s autopsy showing pulmonary edema, Chutkan dismissed Nelson's challenge to Pentobarbital on those grounds. SCOTUS broke her.

https://twitter.com/RDunhamDPIC/stat...768809984?s=19
    Chutkan states that the coroner concluded "that Purkey’s lungs filled with fluid and that he suffered excruciating air hunger while still alive." Then, based on the fact that SCOTUS in the Lee case considered this likelihood but still sent Lee to the gurney, she concludes that this finding in the autopsy will probably not change much for SCOTUS, as they knew this was a likely outcome. I'm not convinced by that argument. In the Lee case this was merely a likely outcome in the eyes of certain experts, so the possibility of pentobarbital causing no pain whatsoever was still left open by the experts. Now the coroner finds that excruciating pain actually occurred. I would assume this does change things for the Supremes, even more so, because, as Chutkan stresses herself, it was a 5-4 decision, thus requiring only one Justice in the majority to change his mind after autopsy.
    Last edited by Alfred; 08-20-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    There were no edemas in Lee's and Honken's lungs, so there is no reason Purkey's autopsy should be significant for the Supremes.

Pulmonary edema has already been proven to have happened in other Pentobarbital executions, and that wasn't enough to save Lee. One more make no difference. Besides the DOJ previously produced testimony showing that edema occurred after the inmates are insensate.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastro Titta View Post
    There were no edemas in Lee's and Honken's lungs, so there is no reason Purkey's autopsy should be significant for the Supremes.
    Autopsies weren’t performed of the others executed last month, Nelson’s lawyers said.

https://hayspost.com/posts/00bf00e8-...e-d8033339059f

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information