Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Alfred Bourgeois - Federal Execution - December 11, 2020

How many more can the Donald pull off before he gets out office? The two South Carolina boys and the other two Virginia gang boys should be prioritized.

I don’t even think if we’re lucky enough to get another Republican President they would oversee this many executions. Trump was one of four Republican Presidential candidates in 2016 to prioritize the Death Penalty.
    Last edited by Neil; 12-01-2020 at 02:43 PM.

There are 12 more inmates who are eligible for execution dates. If I was him I’d set all 12 for January before you know who ruins everything
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Federal death row inmate seeks stay from Supreme Court

(UPI) -- Attorneys for a man convicted of killing his 2-year-old daughter in 2002 asked the Supreme Court on Wednesday to stay his execution, citing intellectual disability.

Alfred Bourgeois, 55, is scheduled to be executed Dec. 11 at the U.S. Penitentiary in Terre Haute, Ind.

In a Supreme Court filing Wednesday, his attorneys said his execution would be unconstitutional because he is intellectually disabled and therefore can't understand his punishment. They submitted evidence of IQ test scores of 70 and 75, as well as assessments by experts.

The Eighth Amendment bans executing people with such impairments as cruel and usual punishment.

The request for a stay comes one day after the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected Bourgeois' application for a stay and denied his petition for a rehearing.

Bourgeois was among the first inmates slated for death last year when Attorney General William Barr announced the resumption of federal executions after a 17-year hiatus. A federal judge stayed his execution in March, saying his lawyer made a strong case for his intellectual disability.

Bourgeois was convicted in 2004 of capital murder for the 2002 death of his daughter in Corpus Christi, Texas. Prosecutors said the girl died when Bourgeois became angry with her for turning over her potty training chair in the cab of his 18-wheeler and slammed her head into the vehicle's window.

Investigators said he regularly physically and sexually abused the toddler before her death.

Bourgeois said he was innocent of the child's death and blamed her mother.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...3981606956840/
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by Neil123 View Post
    How many more can the Donald pull off before he gets out office? The two South Carolina boys and the other two Virginia gang boys should be prioritized.

I don’t even think if we’re lucky enough to get another Republican President they would oversee this many executions. Trump was one of four Republican Presidential candidates in 2016 to prioritize the Death Penalty.
    I have been watching the hearings on voter fraud around the country. The amount of fraud is staggering. don't count the Donald out just yet.
    Scotus will be making the call in the coming weeks.
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

Petition for writ of certiorari and stay of execution filed to scotus

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/20-6500.html
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 12-04-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

The kind of litigation Bourgeois is attempting here is the exact kind that AEDPA is designed to prevent. He received a hearing that utilized the most recent diagnostic criteria, not one predicated upon so-called stereotypes that have since been struck down (improperly, but I digress). It would be antithetical to common sense to allow a new claim to ripen every time scientific literature is updated - doing so would invite a torrent of never ending litigation. This is in essence what Bourgeois wants.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Read in today's paper that he was spared and he is now in for life. This is pure garbage.

What you read in the paper is a recycled year old story. His execution was stayed late November last year, the papers do this often.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Yes you are correct, just noticed my error. I was reading about Gutierrez and not Bourgeois.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    So Ruben Gutierrez is in for life now?
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information