Thread: Dwight J. Loving - US Military

Dwight J. Loving - US Military

Summary of Offense:

Loving was an Army private stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. On the night of December 11, 1988, he committed two armed robberies of convenience stores, netting less than $100. He then decided to rob some cab drivers. On December 12, during the course of those robberies, Loving murdered two taxicab drivers and attempted to murder a third.

The court-martial evidence, which included Loving's undisputed videotaped confession, established the following facts: the first robbery and murder victim, Pvt. Christopher Fay, was an active duty soldier working for extra money as a cab driver. At approximately 8:00 p.m. on December 12, Fay drove Loving from Killeen, Texas, to a secluded area of Fort Hood, where Loving robbed him at gunpoint. After taking Fay's money, Loving shot Fay in the back of the head. While watching blood "gushing out" of Fay's head, Loving shot him in the back of the head a second time. Fay's dead body was discovered by another soldier at Fort Hood a short while later.

Loving, after fleeing to his Fort Hood barracks, called for a second cab at 8:15 that same evening. The second cab, driven by retired Army Sergeant Bobby Sharbino, drove Loving from Fort Hood to a secluded street in Killeen, Texas. Loving then robbed Sharbino at gunpoint, ordered him to lie down on the seat, and murdered him by shooting him in the head.

On October 4, 2010, Loving was denied certiorari by the US Supreme Court.

gatordee
    I was locked up with Dwight when he first arrived at Ft Hood. He was 2 cells down from me. I will never forget it was Christmas and we went to church. Dwight also attended. After church, we were being taken back to our cells (Dwight and I were the only two in that section of the jail) and a black woman told him that he reminded her of her son that had died. And for some reason, he just started laughing like it was a joke. He was later sent to Ft Leavenworth but I left much sooner because I was sentenced when I got there. But this person had some serious issues mentally.

Thanks for sharing gatordee! We don't get many posts from people who did time with death row inmates before sentencing.

Soldier on 'military death row' for killing two cab drivers more than 25 years ago will be spared after his sentence was reduced in Obama's latest commutations

Barack Obama has commuted the sentence handed down to a former soldier being held on the military's death row.

Dwight Loving's sentence was one of the 209 commutations handed down by the President on Tuesday, in one of his final acts before leaving the White House.

Loving, a former private first-class, had his punishment reduced from death to life in prison without parole.

The 47-year-old was convicted over the killings of two cab drivers in Texas in December 1988.

'Death sentence commuted to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, on the condition that Loving shall never have any rights, privileges, claims, or benefits arising under the parole and suspension or remission of sentence laws of the United States and the regulations promulgated thereunder governing federal prisoners confined in any penal institution,' a White House statement read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ent-Obama.html

- - - Updated - - -

I'm enraged right now.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Obama actually did it, he gave one of these scum bags a free ticket to stardom. This guy deserved death.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Member
    shooting 2 people same night for no reason at point blank ... doesn't deserve the works?? then what does?

Thread Information