Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charles Randall Stewart - Alabama Death Row

Charles Randall Stewart - Alabama Death Row

Summary of Offense:

Fatally shot his ex-wife on July 16, 1990 in front of their six-year-old son. Stewart was sentenced to death the same year.

jeanniec
    his exwife is my mother and their son is my half brother...read my profile.

22 years for charles stewart in july...well he has gotten three trials but all were favor of death....i dont see the point in killing him now mother wont be able to come back from the dead....and to much time has passed i have forgiven him now...but never want him on the streets and i cant be his friend but life in prison is ok with me.

Welcome to the site, and thank you for posting the pictures of your mother. I read your profile and I am so sorry for your loss. What a wake of destruction Stewart has left in his path!

22 years is a ridiculously long time to wait for justice. Although I understand your need to forgive Stewart for your own salvation, I respectfully disagree with your opinion to commute his death sentence to a life without parole sentence. I have often thought it is part of a defense team's agenda to wear a family down with years of appeals.

Granted Stewart's death sentence has been overturned three times, but not on merits of the case. Once the case was remanded and the court tossed 4 capital murder charges, and twice the case was remanded due to improper jury instructions.

STEWART v STATE

I acknowledge the passion you have for your Lord Jesus Christ, so surely you know the Bible's teachings on capital punishment as clearly stated in Genesis 9:5-6

5 And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.

6 “Whoever sheds the blood of man,
    by man shall his blood be shed,
    for God made man in his own image.

Hopefully your half-brother has sought counseling he could be suffering from survivors' guilt. For him to suggest he should have lied at trial to keep Stewart off death row is not only immoral, but illegal. Your half-brother didn't put Stewart on death row, Stewart put himself there, he murdered his wife in front of his son. Your half-brother is lucky to be alive.

Again thanks for sharing and one way or another I hope you find peace and closure.

Hi Jeannie! I also want to welcome you to the site. :cheerful:

I´m so sorry for your loss and all you had gone through. I´m happy that you found your way to deal with the horrible crime. I respect your wish that your stepfathers life should be spared, but justice is not a private principle. He crossed the line aka the laws and has been sentenced for what he did. On a personal level I don´t see any reason why keeping him alive would have any benefit for the society.

I wish you the very best for you and your family and I hope that you like to share your views on the DP on this board. I also want to say thank you for your introduction. I can recommend to read it.

Michael

jeanniec
    I know that jesus christ died on the cross for our sins and the only sin that shall be unforgiven is not accepting christ as our lord and savior..so are you telling me that since that man killed my mother that christ didnt die on the cross for him....my brother spent years in counseling but no amount of counseling can heal a broken heart and im sorry im not for the death penalty and i refuse to hold anymore hate and look forward to the fake justice systems justice for my moms death. His execution will not bring my mother back but it will keep his son who loves him from more pain...you lawyers and judges will also have to answer to your higher power someday, ive already gave mine to god..

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniec View Post
    his exwife is my mother and their son is my half brother...read my profile.
    I'm sorry for all the pain your father caused everyone in your family. With all due respect, this statement confused me. It would have been more clear if you would have simply written: He murdered my mother and her orphan son is my half brother.

jeanniec
    I am sorry for confusing you...I was trying to let the one who started this post know the exwife and child is my mother and half brother...sorry confusing you. and the son wasnt just her orphan son, he is the murderers son as well, I was born into her first marriage and there is 13 years difference between my half brother and I.

Nikolai
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanniec View Post
    22 years for charles stewart in july...well he has gotten three trials but all were favor of death....i dont see the point in killing him now mother wont be able to come back from the dead....and to much time has passed i have forgiven him now...but never want him on the streets and i cant be his friend but life in prison is ok with me.
    I respect your opinion or thoughts but I am the total opposite. If some dude killed my mother I would at the very least be thinking about plotting how I could kill him and avoid decades of dumb appeals. I dont care if you read the bible, the Quran, or follow that fat guy Buddha, killing someone for no good reason in brutal fashion should put you 6 feet in the ground. But Im obviously a victims advocate.
    Last edited by Nikolai; 07-08-2012 at 08:59 AM.

jeanniec
    Hate and vengence is going to destroy you if you if you dont get in it check now...your attitude i carried for 19 years and created a living hell for myself...We forgive others and let them go free for hurting us ..we forgve them to let go of the hate that will destroy us.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    i beg to differ my cousin was murdered and i was more than happy when the killer (her ex) got shot by the cops, hell i was greafull the cops allowed me to spit on the body afterward, and at his funeral i brought me some balloons, ice cream, and cake and threw myself a party. i still more the lose of my cousin (she was like a sister to me) but knowing that vile animals is worm food now is all the comfort i need cause revenge is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information