Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ronald Bert Smith, Jr. - Alabama Execution - December 8, 2016

Junior Member Stranger
    Prison commissioner: No evidence inmate suffered

Alabama's prison commissioner says there were no visible signs that an inmate suffered during an execution last night.

Commissioner Jeff Dunn issued the statement Friday on the execution of inmate Ronald Bert Smith Jr.

Dunn says Smith coughed early in the execution Thursday night, "but at no time ...was there observational evidence that he suffered."

Witnesses reported that the 45-year-old prisoner heaved and coughed repeatedly for 13 minutes during the execution. His hand also appeared to move slightly after a consciousness test.

Smith's attorneys say his movements demonstrate that he wasn't anesthetized.

Dunn said prison officials followed an established protocol that's been upheld by the courts. He said an autopsy will determine if there were any irregularities.

Smith was executed for killing convenience store clerk Casey Wilson during a 1994 robbery.

http://apr.org/post/prison-commissio...fered#stream/0

Thanks Eagle Eye, but that is still not an official statement from the AL DOC. It's a "Quote".

I read that on Friday. I also read on Friday that the warden performed a conscious check, the head of AL DOC performed a conscious check, and a prison guard performed a conscious check. Still neither family has not come out to the media nor another media witness.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Junior Member Stranger
    Heidi, Here is a short video from a media witness Kim Chandler (AP). The video also contains the short statement from Jeff Dunn (AL Department of Corrections Commissioner) that was quoted in my earlier post.

If not useable just delete this post.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/3630e...tion-injection

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    People in a coma still have involuntary movements of a arm or leg I fail to see how following a conscious if there is no sign of him being awake especially by being pinched they can say he suffered.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information