Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Doggy Death Row

So they killed that innocent animal for nothing. Neanderthals.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

@Bob, the evidence suggested that Geronimo might have contracted Bovine Tuberculosis in a pen on a farm. The judge ordered an evaluation to confirm that the alpaca had the disease. With limitation from the owner, the alpaca was ordered to be put down by the judge within a few days from the order by government veterinarians.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Why couldn't they just quarantine it until it was cleared as healthy, Too risky?
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

@Helen, even though the animal was alone in a pen, there was other alpacas on the same farm. When APHA were notified, the vet reported to the owner that Geronimo might have contracted Bovine TB. APHA took the action to a judge for recommendation for it to be put down.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Florida police dog 'murdered' in line of duty saved officers lives, according to authorities

'Our K-9 Max died so no Lake Wales police officers would,' the Polk County Sheriff says

By Emma Colton
    Fox News

Max was able to apprehend Borders by the ankle, Velasquez said, but the suspect pulled out a gun and fatally shot the K-9.

"He was very, very well-trained, he performed exactly as he was supposed to," Velasquez said of Max, according to Fox 13. "He ultimately saved the lives of police officers this morning. I fully, wholeheartedly believe that we would be speaking about dead police officers had that K-9 not been in service this morning."

The police chief added that Officer Joyner is "extremely distraught" by the K-9’s death and that he has "lost a part of his family." Max was a Belgian Malinois from The Netherlands who had been on the force since 2016.

Max was able to apprehend Borders by the ankle, Velasquez said, but the suspect pulled out a gun and fatally shot the K-9.

"He was very, very well-trained, he performed exactly as he was supposed to," Velasquez said of Max, according to Fox 13. "He ultimately saved the lives of police officers this morning. I fully, wholeheartedly believe that we would be speaking about dead police officers had that K-9 not been in service this morning."

The police chief added that Officer Joyner is "extremely distraught" by the K-9’s death and that he has "lost a part of his family." Max was a Belgian Malinois from The Netherlands who had been on the force since 2016.

Two police officers, including Joyner, opened fire on Borders when he shot at Max. The suspect was left critically injured before soon dying.

"The suspect flat, completely murdered our K-9. Pulled the handgun out and pulled the trigger," Velasquez said. "He made that choice and that's why he's dead today."

Borders had 18 prior felony convictions including battery, assault, and grand theft charges, according to investigators, Fox 13 reported. He had served three different sentences at the Florida State Prison.

A procession for Max was held on Wednesday as his body was transported to the medical examiner's office.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-p...ng-authorities
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

REST IN PEACE K9 FIGO

The men and women of Constable Mark Herman's Office extend their heartfelt condolences to the Georgia Department of Public Safety as they mourn the loss of K9 Figo, who was shot and killed while assisting in the apprehension of a murder suspect.

K9 Figo selflessly gave his life to protect his handler and other officers.

Rest easy boy, your service to your community made a difference.

https://www.facebook.com/Precinct4

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Bingo, one of Toronto K9s, was killed in the line of duty by gunfire tonight. Thank you for keeping our members safe and thank you for your service. My deepest condolences to his partner and to all of our Toronto Police K9 unit.

-Chief Myron Demkiw

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Florida K-9 dies after being shot while protecting deputies from ‘armed criminal’: sheriff

Marion County Sheriff's K-9 Leo died of gunshot injuries on Tuesday morning

By Stephen Sorace
    Fox News

A Florida K-9 officer died of his injuries after being shot in a confrontation over the weekend while protecting deputies from a violent criminal suspect, authorities said Tuesday.

K-9 Leo suffered critical injuries on Saturday when he "fearlessly charged" a "violent, armed criminal" who was threatening deputies with a gun in the backyard of a residence in Silver Springs, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office said.

"During the confrontation, this evil person shot K-9 Leo as Leo was responding to protect his handler and the other deputies," Sheriff Billy Woods said. "Leo did exactly what he was trained to do … and that is to fearlessly defend and protect those deputies."

Leo, a Belgian Malinois who served the sheriff’s office for three years, was struck in an area that his bullet-proof vest did not cover, FOX13 Tampa reported.

The suspect, identified as 44-year-old Jeremy Bradsher, was killed after deputies returned fire.

Meanwhile, Leo was rushed to University of Florida Veterinary Hospital in Gainsville.

K-9 Corporal Justin Tortora never left his partner’s side as Leo fought for his life over the next four days, the sheriff’s office told the station.

While Leo kept his "fighting spirit," the K-('s injuries were "too severe to overcome" and he died on Tuesday morning, the sheriff said.

"Most of you do not know the unique bond that develops between the law enforcement K9 and their handler," Woods said. "That bond is what binds them to some extraordinary levels of loyalty, love, and unwavering determination."

The sheriff’s office thanked the community for its support. No details about a service for K-9 Leo were immediately provided.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-k...iminal-sheriff

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information