Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal Capital Punishment News

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    They do not owe him a damned thing. They are members of a co-equal branch who hold their offices by consent of the senate and have every reason to hold legislative prerogative over administrative fiat if the law reads that way. If he tries to blackmail a justice, there will be 67 votes to remove him, if not 100.

I agree that getting pentobarbital states such as Texas and Missouri is probably the most viable option.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    Seeing Kavanaugh sign the opinion was rest assuring, but I am surprised Thomas did not join it.

I figured it would be Alito and Thomas.

You can use them not only for non-DP states, but ones where state secrecy laws prevent a federal execution from going forward under their protocols.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Nonsense the executive needs to be superior the the rabble in the legislative and the weak willing elites in the judiciary. To allow anything else is the invite chaos and disorder

Then amend the constitution.

While I like an authoritarian state if my guy is in, and would currently welcome it, it would leave us with no bulwark against the opposition when they get back in. Executive power is all well and good when it's our guys, but be careful not to get burned. And I completely agree with your assessment of the judiciary - with a few exceptions.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by Shep3 View Post
    Nonsense the executive needs to be superior the the rabble in the legislative and the weak willing elites in the judiciary. To allow anything else is the invite chaos and disorder
    That's an actual dictatorship your describing there. The check and balances system prevents any of the three branches from completely taking over because that would be a disaster.

Democracy is a little messy at times. That's a feature, not a bug.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Then clearly the people who made lacked intelligence. Again fail to see the harm of a strong executive plenty of nations through history have had them without becoming Nazi germany. Roman Empire, Ottoman Empire, imperial China, Franco Spain, modern day UAE, the Ashoka empire in India, the Inca, imperial Germany, imperial Austria, and the Egyptian kingdoms all where extremely effective.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information