Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal Capital Punishment News

Don't assume that Biden is going to be the winner. there is a lot of fraud being uncovered.
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

I doubt any of these lawsuits will be successful.

Sidney Powell seems confident. Trump filled a lot of Federal Judges in 4 years. Now the Republicans can judge shop like the Democreeps have for years
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    Trump lost. If there was evidence of fraud that wasn't complete BS, it would have been submitted to courts by now.

Also, if the democrats were going to pull off a massive voter fraud effort, wouldn't they rig some house and senate seats in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by FLMetfan View Post
    Don't assume that Biden is going to be the winner. there is a lot of fraud being uncovered.
    Republican leadership said the same thing about 2016 and closed down the commission that was supposed to determine if there are ways to combat it.
    Last edited by Mike; 11-25-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Dates for upcoming and further federal executions are:

Monday January 11
    Tuesday January 12 - Lisa Montgomery
    Wednesday January 13
    Thursday January 14 - Corey Johnson
    Friday January 15 - Dustin Higgs
    Monday January 18
    Tuesday January 19
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be funny if they scheduled an execution for Inauguration Day?
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Republican leadership said the same thing about 2016 and closed down the commission that was supposed to determine if there ways to combat it.
    Voter fraud has been a fact of life, probably since the Greeks invented democracy and ballot voting back in the sixth century B.C. That's 2,600 years for fraudsters to hone their craft. Even when cheating isn't necessary, people still do it. For example, look at Illinois: voter fraud is rampant, from federal elections down to local "dogcatcher" elections, despite the fact that the outcome is very seldom in doubt.

I see two big factors which prevent true voting reform:

1. It's almost impossible to reform a system that draws votes from an essentially open environment. Hell, despite centuries of improving, single-store retail accounting systems still can't prevent major insider thefts. Even banking systems can't prevent embezzlement 100%. It may be possible to reform voting systems, but we'll never get to a "count every valid ballot; discard every invalid ballot" mantra. We could get closer to that standard than we have today, but we'll never be 100% there.

2. There's no incentive for the powers-that-be to reform the system. The party that's in control wants to keep that control; the party that's out wants to get in power. Either side could stand to benefit from voter fraud. And we voters are too disorganized as a group to do anything about voting reform. State voting systems are over a century old and have never been reformed; instead, they've been patched repeatedly to fit new circumstances. I don't see that a federal, one-size-fits-all would do any better than our state-level organizations. Even if it weren't unconstitutional to implement a federal law.

I was an election judge in Illinois for 20 years. I resigned after I couldn't take the corruption any more.

Yeah, I'm cynical. But my cynicism comes from years of experience.
    "Sorry for the delay, I got caught in traffic." — Rodney Scott Berget, South Dakota, October 29, 2018 — final words.

Trump Trying To Bring Back Firing-Squad Executions Before He Leaves Office, Report Says

BY EMILY BROWN
    UNILAD

A newly released report by ProRepublica addressed a number of policies Trump is apparently rushing to introduce, bring back or set in motion before he loses control over the country.

The rules reportedly range from ‘long-simmering administration priorities to last-minute scrambles’, and affect everything from seemingly insignificant objects like showerheads to life-or-death issues such as federal executions.

With less than two months left in power, it seems Trump is attempting to make the most of it as his proposed policy changes impact the entire spectrum of US residents, from oil drillers and drugmakers to people living in homeless shelters and endangered wildlife.

Among the proposals being rushed through the finalisation process is one which could reintroduce firing squads and electrocutions to federal executions.

The report states that the Justice Department is fast-tracking the proposal to try and give the government more options for administering capital punishment as the drugs typically used in lethal injections become unavailable.

The proposal initially surfaced in August, after which the Justice Department opened it up for public comments for just 30 days, rather than the usual 60. The rule cleared White House review on November 6, meaning it could be finalised any day.

However, even if the rule is finalised, that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be put into practice. The Trump administration is planning five executions with lethal injection before January 20, but Biden has indicated that he won’t allow any federal executions, and that he will push to eliminate capital punishment for federal crimes.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/trump-...e-report-says/

Here is a link to rule change. https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ral-executions
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Time is up for requesting a warrant for 10 of the 13 inmates whose appeals have exhausted.

Only James H. Roane, Richard Tipton and Jeffery William Paul can be still be scheduled up until Dec 24.
    Last edited by Mike; 11-28-2020 at 01:14 AM.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread Information