Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal Capital Punishment News

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    Could be, but while the courts are mulling over Barr's requests, there are enough other inmates that can be given an October date. The prisoners that currently have an injunction will not be ready for an October date anyway.

I was thinking perhaps the administration may choose to schedule two or three executions of black inmates for the last week of October, as they may estimate that firing up the cultural war may benefit them in the election (which I think is indeed the case).

I just read that the preliminary injunction for the three Virginia boys from 2006 have been lifted. I’ll try to find the document
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    This is gonna be fun. With this done expect new batches of three to four for every month from now till at least January

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    I just read the memorandum in which Chutkan explains why the injunctions are vacated. She begins by complaining that the court has more stuff to do and could not rule any faster: "as the parties are aware, this is not the only case on the court’s docket."

No wonder this is not the only case on the court's docket if she needs so many words for a case that simply boils down to: The injunctions issued 10 years ago are now moot because their issuance was based on an execution protocol that is no longer in use.

Whoever wants to have a read, can have it here: https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...2019mc0145-265

Anyway, kudos to Chutkan for doing some good. Her fingerprints will be on many executions, and there is not much she can do about it. I wonder whether this Washington based liberal will be able to keep going, as the government kills two dozen. May be she'll resign under this unprecedented wave of executions.
    Last edited by Alfred; 09-20-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Bro you do know how many abortions' this country has right? Judges don't value human life in the slightest.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Any guesses as to when Barr will schedule them?

Probably after LaCroy and Vialva are dealt with.

On September 20, 2020, the following federal death row inmates filed a new appeal against the federal government’s execution protocol:

Richard Tipton, Alfred Bourgeois, Brandon Bernard, Christopher Andre Vialva, Chadrick Evan Fulks, Norris G. Holder, Jr., Julius Robinson, James H. Roane, Jr. and Cory Johnson

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/ci...s/cadc/20-5285
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Won’t do any good scotus has spoken on LI many times form blaze, to glossip, and bucklew they must know this won’t save them.

As per Vialva's execution looming Thursday, this in itself will not save any of them as each prior execution has occurred without incident.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information