Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal Capital Punishment News

I'm going with Carlos Caro, Chadrick Fulks, Brandon Basham for October.

William Emmett LeCroy will probably go at some point this year as well.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Member
    Any guess why LeCroy and Vialva?

Not sure but two death row inmates from Texas and Georgia are facing the ultimate punishment. I'm good with Barr's choosing.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    The 11th Circuit and the 5th Circuit have a majority of pro death penalty judges.

All of the batches seem themed so far, child killers, and now car jackers.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Im surprised Montgomery hasn’t gotten a date. August 24th was left open so I’m wondering if she’s going to be set for that day.

A 28 days timeslot or more is needed for AG Barr to sign off on an execution date and the BOP to make preparations for each individual execution. As and when Montgomery receives an execution date, she will be transported from the FMC in Carswell, Texas 3 days prior to her execution in Terre Haute.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

ACLU files sue against ISP for ‘interfering with death-penalty protests’ at Terre Haute prison

INDIANAPOLIS (WTWO/WAWV) – The American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana on Tuesday filed a lawsuit claiming Indiana State Police interfered with death penalty protests last month at the federal prison in Terre Haute.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Death Penalty Action, Indiana Abolition Coalition, Providence of Saint-Mary-of-the-Woods Indiana and individuals who protested and stood vigil in opposition to the July executions.

According to the ACLU, protesters planned to hold vigils at the time of the executions immediately outside the gates of the federal prison; however, prior to the executions, ISP erected barricades and closed the roads leading to the prison, “forcing protesters to stay almost two miles from the entrance of the prison.”

The lawsuit claims these restrictions violate the protesters’ First Amendment rights.

“These restrictions obstruct one of the most fundamental rights protected by the Constitution, political speech,” Ken Falk, legal director at the ACLU of Indiana, said. “There is absolutely no justification for this overly broad ‘no-protest zone.’ The Indiana State Police are severely compromising protesters’ ability to express themselves and to express their opposition to the death penalty while in sight of the prison.”

The only other option for protesters to get close to the facility, was to be bussed into a fenced-in area on prison grounds. The area would have been far removed from the death chamber and would have required protesters to stay for an unknown amount of time, with little shelter in extreme heat, until the execution occurred.

The lawsuit requests that the U.S. District Court of Southern Indiana enter a preliminary injunction allowing the organizations and individual plaintiffs to engage in protests immediately outside of the main entrance of Terre Haute Prison.

The plaintiffs plan to protest at several executions which are scheduled for August and September.

“The Indiana Abolition Coalition seeks to end the death penalty in Indiana and beyond,” Stephanie Quiring at Indiana Abolition Coalition said. “IAC members have long stood in protest and vigil at execution sites. The US federal government’s decision to resume executions in July, and carry out three over the course of only five days, is abhorrent. Through this lawsuit, IAC joins with other members of our Indiana communities to protect our right to bear witness to these executions and bring attention to the government’s actions behind prison walls.”

Indiana State Police declined to comment on the matter.

“It is the policy of the Indiana State Police to refrain from speaking about nay pending litigation,” ISP PIO Sgt. Matt Ames said.

https://www.mywabashvalley.com/feder...-haute-prison/
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

DC Circuit Court of Appeals Senior Judge Stephen Williams dies from COVID-19.

https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/intern...en+F.+Williams
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Too bad there's no vacancy for Trump to fill since he was senior.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information