He's never been too concerned about upsetting people but America's most violent prison probably wasn't the best place for Russell Brand to start boasting.

Nevertheless, the long-haired comedian has been visiting inmates at Louisiana's Angola Jail for a new TV documentary... and reportedly got himself in a spot of bother.

His new show, Happiness, features Russ chatting to some of the prison inmates, one of whom was Henry Smith, a lifer who spends all but half an hour of each day locked up in his cell.

"It was terrifying," Brand told The Sun. "The average sentence in there was 80 years for murder. This guy is dangerous, suicidal and once escaped.

"I was in his cell and I start winding him up that I'm in movies and rich. I said, 'This is a bit depressing. You have no possessions. This bed is really hard. I stay in hotels, I'm famous and rich, you see."

He added: "It was a stupid thing to do. I got out of there as quick as I could. Here's a social tip - don't boast!"

Of course, he's probably joking... at least, we hope he is.

Russell also revealed that he wasn't freaked out when strapped to the lethal injection table on Death Row... apparently he just kept thinking how "Christ-like" he looked.

http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/02/0...brand-tv-show/