Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: US Army Pfc. Bradley "Chelsea" Manning

Obama commutes Chelsea Manning's sentence

As one of his final acts as outgoing president, Barack Obama commuted the sentence being served by Chelsea Manning, a transgender soldier who is more than six years into a 35-year sentence for leaking classified government and military documents to the WikiLeaks website.

Manning’s attorneys released her commutation application in November, asking Mr. Obama to shorten her sentence to the time she’s already served.

The president granted commutation of sentence to 209 individuals and pardons to 64 individuals on Tuesday. Manning is expected to be freed in May 2017.

Manning, whose name was Bradley at the time of her arrest in 2010, worked as an intelligence analyst in Iraq. She was convicted in 2013 in military court of six violations of the Espionage Act and 14 other offenses for providing to WikiLeaks more than 700,000 secret military and State Department documents, as well as battlefield videos.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chelsea-...entence-freed/
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

So I guess Obama is OK with treason. I can't think of another word to describe what he/she/it did. Can anybody else think of a better word?

Member Newbie
    Yes, i sure President Obama is OK with treason in the same way the George W. Bush was OK with treason when he commuted I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby's sentence to nothing. At least Manning spent seven years lock up. I don't think Libby spent one night in lock up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information