Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Lee Harper Gets 9.5 Years for Involvement in 2011 WA Bludgeoning Deaths of Woman, 98, Two Others

Thank you Heidi.

Velcro
    Kevin Lee Harper had one or more partners, one being Tracy Culton, involved in the Goggin Family Murders (Yakima, WA) Feb. 19th 2011. The charge of Burglary for Ms. Culton is because she admitted entering the premises where the theft took place. This gives the authorities the necessary time to collect evidence that will prove Ms. Culton actively took part in the crime of murder, or conspired to commit murder. Since murder is seldom a "spectator sport" the authorities have an unbelievable task to prove murder against a suspect. The proof has to be irrefutable and overwhelming. If not the "smoking gun" then perhaps the "blood dripping off the hands" in a manner of speaking so there can be no doubt of Ms. Culton's guilt or innocence to the crime of murder. The murder weapon(s) have yet to be identified (or made public). The photo is Kevin Lee Harper and partner Desirea Everts. It's not determined at this time if Desirea Everts had any involvement in the Goggin Murders. These two were arrested in Post Falls, Idaho.
    Attachment 172Attachment 173Attachment 174
    As of May 2012, the trial of these two suspects has been re-scheduled to sometime around Jan. or Feb. 2013. If we can keep the Yakima District Attorney sober long enough (ref. DWI Conviction) we might get justice in this case.
    Ref.:http://www.yakima-herald.com/galleries/7026/photos/15>"]http://www.yakima-herald.com/galleries/7026/photos/15>"]http://www.yakima-herald.com/galleries/7026/photos/15>

Here is the relevant laws in the State of Washing (RCW) [Rev. Code Washington]: According to RCW 10.95.020 of Washington State's Legislative Code -
    A person is guilty of aggravated first degree murder, a class A felony, if he or she commits first degree murder as defined by RCW 9A.32.030(1)(a), as now or hereafter amended, and one or more of the following aggravating circumstances exist:
    (11) The murder was committed in the course of, in furtherance of, or in immediate flight from one of the following crimes:

(a) Robbery in the first or second degree;

(c) Burglary in the first or second degree or residential burglary;

With that being said, it does not matter whether Ms. Culton planned on killing the Goggin's. The fact is she admitted that she planned to burglarize their home and these poor people were killed in the commission of that crime. Hence she should be charged with Aggravated Murder. The fact that she was a drug user is irrelevant. The fact that she had a bad life is irrelevant. The fact is 3 people are dead because of those drug habits and these 3 people deserve justice.
    Source: http://www.kimatv.com/news/124104654.html>

Velcro
    This case has taken more twists and turns than a rabbit being chased by a Yakima Coyote. Here's the link:http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories...s-murder-case>
    During the week of Oct. 10th, 2012, there was a plea bargain where by the miscreant Kevin Harper won a deal of 80 months in jail for burglary. With credit for time served and good behavior, he'll be out within 36 months. Meanwhile, the Yakima Co. DA's Office is out of public money and competence to do more on this case. The lead detective listened in on eight "privileged" conversations between the defendant and his lawyer. I'm told by a friend of mine, a retired 30 year policeman (LA Area) and who has had extensive legal training, that this case may not be over, not entirely. Despite the fact that the Yakima Sheriff's and DA Departments messed up, there is still evidence available to prosecute Mr. Harper and company for murder. The issue of Double Jeopardy is not involved in this case because the defendant signed the plea deal BEFORE a jury was impaneled. According to my friend, the police and DA can take their time to gather up more evidence. They initially had only 45 days from the time the judge entertained preliminary motions and the time when the jury and trial were to begin. (Speedy Trial requirements in the State of Washington, etc.) The police initially claimed to have a video of Mr. Harper leaving the housing area's front gate in a white Land Rover belonging to one of the victims. I know the video camera well since I have been to that area many times. It only records people and cars leaving but not entering. What was most disconcerting during the trial proceedings was the Chief Criminal Deputy Prosecutor Ken Ramm sneaking out the side door to avoid the press and the public. Hopefully, this case is not over since there were claims of "substantial forensic evidence" by the DA's Office in the beginning.
    The sad fact in all of this is that in the United States today, you have a very good chance of getting away with murder. There's a one in 20 chance of getting apprehended and arrested; then a one in 10 chance of indictment and trial; then a one in 10 chance of being found guilty and going to prison. If criminals were capable of doing a Risk Assessment Analysis before their crimes, we would be in more trouble than we are in now. Just my humble opinion.

Kevin Harper given maximum sentence: 'I did not kill your friend'

YAKIMA, Wash. -- A convicted felon, but not a convicted killer. Kevin Harper insisted he didn't kill anyone before being sent to prison.

Harper has waited a full year to hear his fate after striking a deal with the state. He agreed to plead guilty to a host of charges but not murder.

In the months that followed prosecutors tried to toss that deal and put Harper on trial for murder. That hasn't gone in the state's favor. Action News was in the courtroom for the plea deal sentencing that will still send Kevin Harper to prison.

Harper has been convicted of seven felonies including drug, weapon and burglary charges. But not the one charge many wanted to hear -- murder.

Friends of the Goggin family still blame Harper for the murders of three people back in 2011, but prosecutors just couldn't pin it on him.

"It's people like Kevin Harper that are causing this community to not be safe to even live anymore," said Roxann Faulconer.

So he pleaded guilty to lesser charges. Prosecutors recommended a seven-year sentence. A judge gave the maximum, almost a decade behind bars.

Harper had his own chance to speak. He told those friends of the Goggin family he was nowhere near these gates the night of the murders.

"To Mr. Morrisette, I didn't kill your friend, neither of them. I wasn't there on the property or anywhere around the property the night they died. Mr. Falconer, I did not kill your friend. I was not there or anywhere around the night they died. Mr. Vanderwall, the same thing. I was not there, I did not kill your friend and I'm sorry they're gone. Mrs. Faulconer, I'm also sorry that you lost your beloved friends. They should still be here," he said.

Harper cried as his estranged parents asked the judge for mercy.

The sentencing came when prosecutors lost their most recent effort to refile murder charges.

KIMA spoke with lead prosecutor Jim Hagarty about that plan last month.

"Say that's denied, what is the next step?" Action News asked. "Is the case going to be closed? Do you think someone got away with murder? Will the investigation continue?"

"You know, I don't know, because the fact is, is we're confident that its going to be reversed," Hagarty said.

In the court's eyes, the case is closed. Harper is off to prison but not for murder.

Now members of the Falcon Ridge community are left wondering: who was really here the night Bill, Pauline, and Bettye Goggin were murdered?

Family friends react to sentencing

Friends and family of the victims as well as people close to Harper were in court today. Some spoke trying to sway the judge about the time Harper should serve.

"We still have three friends and neighbors that were brutally beaten by an evil person," said Goggin family friend Ray Vanderwall. "I don't know who that evil person is. I have a suspicion, but I don't know who it is."

"For those who really know Kevin know he didn't do that," Harper's friend Raven Cutler said. "So it eats us up alive that he's up there and that he's going through what he's going through."

Bill, Pauline and Bettye Goggin were found dead in their West Valley home at Falcon Ridge in 2011. No one is charged with their murders.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Kev....html?mobile=y

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information