Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So when do you think the next Show Me State execution will be?

So when do you think the next Show Me State execution will be?

The executions have slowed to a trickle in Missouri yet there are plenty of vicious drooling killers still on death row.

I remember over a year ago atty general Koster said they'd be starting up executions and averaging about 1 a month. So what happned to that??

Um, I reckon your going to see a flurry of them once they switch to penobaritial. Missouri has no less than 21 people who have finished their appeals or are awaiting a decision from the SCOTUS which will almost certainly go against them.

As you know Nixon is very pro DP and probably won't commute any of them or very few. It's absolutely DISGUSTING to think a triple murderer like Chris Coleman just across the border in southern Illinois will live out his life after killing 2 little kids and his wife. There's no justice there as even the jury foreman said they would've given him death if they had a chance to deliberate.

I know that wussy Quinn would've commuted it but the symbolic gesture would've been nice.

Personally I can't want to see an execution date set for Mark Christenson. In my eyes, the man is pure evil and an absolute monster. To kill 2 young innocent children and their mother the way he did shows what kind of person this man was. Christenson's case is exactly why we need a D.P in every state. I'm not one of those bloodthirsty Americans who love seeing as many convicted killers as I can be put to death, but I am an ardent supporter of the D.P nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by iMxth3xbossx5000 View Post
    I'm not one of those bloodthirsty Americans who love seeing as many convicted killers as I can be put to death, but I am an ardent supporter of the D.P nonetheless.
    That's one reason you're a most welcome addition to the site. There are other pro-DP sites where folks get their jollies mocking the condemned, using vulgarities (even if abbreviated), hooting and hollering when there is an execution, etc. There's no need for that here and it just puts off fencesitters and sensible antis (who might be converted at some point).

Any Missouri executions scheduled this year??

We still have about half a year left and I don't see anything scheduled. What are the chances something will be?

I donīt expect an execution in Missouri really soon. They executed Martin Link in February before the sodium thiopenal expired.

Missouri Department of Corrections spokesman Chris Cline said Missouri has about 40 units of sodium thiopental in stock, and it takes about 10 units for each execution. Missouri's supply of sodium thiopental expires March 1. The state has no further executions scheduled until then.

Source

So MO MO will have to go to Pentobarbital?

Actually they still supposedy have a gas chamber in Jeff City. Maybe they should dust that up and get it ready! LOL

There would be too many SC challenges eventhough it was ok for so long.

MidwestExecutionHawk
    So we've been nearly 9 months past Martin Link's execution and we've not seen one execution warrant issued by the Missouri Supreme Court. MoDOC has been mum on any potential switch to pentobarbital. They do have the gas chamber. They could even go with nitrogen or helium instead of cyanide to convince people who are on the fence. At least South Dakota admitted they possessed pentobarbital. If you're going to have capital punishment, you should at least use it when a sentence is meted out. I am not a bloodthirsty person either who wants to see people executed in every case. But if you're going to have a law, you need to be able to use it in order for it to be relevant. I'm a man who believes that the law ought to be applied. Iowa has Life Imprisonment Without Parole. However, we've even had people sentenced to death under federal law. So how will we hear something from the State of Missouri that reaffirms capital punishment in Missouri is still relevant?

Is there pending legislation in court contesting the regular 3 drug cocktail? Why don't they just switch to pento and get this over with and get executions started again?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information