Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: So when do you think the next Show Me State execution will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Governor Mike Parson is aggressive on capital punishment as Governor Kay Ivey in Alabama..
    A problem I'm having is that people keep assuming that aggression in executions is simply having them. Clinton wasn't aggressive yet he still allowed some token ones. Just because these governors aren't interfering doesn't mean much. Even though in these states the Governor could literally be a dog and the executions would go on without them, it's the fact that the judiciary is completely compromised in most states at this point.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Texas is the biggest one right now choked on a comprised judiciary. Ohio’s not far behind it. Oklahoma also has a soft porale board that was appointed by a “conservative” governor. The Oklahoma court of criminal appeals is its saving grace.
    Last edited by Neil; 10-07-2021 at 09:38 PM.

At this rate we might see 5 Missouri executions within the next 12 months. Deck in May, Johnson in the fall, and then likely Taylor, McLaughlin, and Tisius in early 2023.

That will leave Missouri with just 14 death row inmates, 3 of whom can never be executed for case-specific reasons.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    I guess Leonard Taylor had to file his cert petition until March 18 so its also possible that he gets a date for late 2022. In addition, Brian Dorsey and Johnny Johnson are currently before the 8th Circuit so Missouri could execute at least 7 inmates in the next 2 years.

It's imperative that as many as possible are executed while Parson is still in office. Parson is one of the last of a dying breed. Who knows if we'll get some DeWine type weakling after he leaves office in January 2025.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Kentucky is already following in the footsteps of DeWine and his Ohio cohorts that’s another state where a mental illness bill was passed with flying colors. Andy Beshear will most definitely sign it. Kentucky however, hasn’t executed since 2008. That is another state where the death penalty has been dead for well almost 15 years.
    Last edited by Neil; 03-26-2022 at 02:50 PM.

Missouri will get 5 this year. Taylor, Tisius, Johnson, and Dorsey in addition to McLaughlin. It might slow down after that with just Hosier and Collings having cleared Federal District Court. Whether either can go in 2024 remains to be seen.

So when is that worm Johnson going to have his date set? He’s probably the most disgusting human on death row there. Actually Collinngs, Driskill, and Johnson are probably the states top 3 most disgusting inmates. Will Johnson have his date set please.

Execution dates have been requested for Tisius and Johnson. They will both likely die this year.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So when is that worm Johnson going to have his date set? He’s probably the most disgusting human on death row there. Actually Collinngs, Driskill, and Johnson are probably the states top 3 most disgusting inmates. Will Johnson have his date set please
    Don't forget that fat slob Craig Wood. But yeah they're probably the worst ones left. I say "left" because Richard Davis and Christeson were worse but Christeson was dealt justice 6 years ago and Covid took care of Davis. Of course this isn't touching some of the trash MO took out from 2013-15: Franklin, Goodwin, Zink, Nunley and Michael Taylor to name some egregious cases.

But yeah, execution dates have been requested for Tisius and Johnson. They'll probably go this year along with Dorsey.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information