Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Affleck Sentenced in 2010 MS Slaying of Dianne Hearn

George Affleck Sentenced in 2010 MS Slaying of Dianne Hearn

JACKSON, MS (WLBT) -

Jackson Police are searching for Dianne Hearn's body.

They believe the 61-year-old south Jackson resident was murdered Sunday night.

Wednesday morning, in a Hinds County courtroom, her accused killer, George Affleck was charged with capital murder based on evidence in hand.

Dianne Hearn family was present, as an ex-boyfriend, an ex-convict from Texas, went before a judge.

Hearn's brother, Barry Stingley had harsh words for the long haired, accused killer when asked about the tragedy.

"How would anyone feel about what happened?" "Are you glad that he got denied bond?" "Yes, I am." "What do you want to happen?" Stingley replied. "I want him to have the death penalty or turn him over to me one day."

Unlike the grieving family, Affleck showed no emotion, and remained silent.

Dianne Hearn was last seen with Affleck late Sunday night.

This eyewitness says the south Jackson woman was struggling and screaming as she was forced into her ex-boyfriends truck.

"He picked her up and slammed her in there and told her if she ever tried to open that door she would be sorry" said the witness, who didn't want to be identified.

The eyewitness says, the suspect allegedly made a call to relatives in Texas Sunday night, telling them he had hurt someone.

"He admitted he had hurt somebody very, very bad," the witness added.

Crime scene investigators pieced together enough evidence to upgrade the charges against the 3-time ex convict from Texas.

The next door neighbor verified a violent off-and-on relationship between the two.

"At one time neighbors called and they came out and arrested him," the neighbor added. "Bless her heart. She was so kind hearted. She dropped the charges."

This neighbor now feels guilt that she never made a call that may have saved her friends life.

"I just blame myself because I didn't call police then" the neighbor said.

Now police are searching for Dianne Hearn's body

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=14713227

Coroner: Woman beaten to death

A 61-year-old Jackson woman who disappeared after an angry confrontation with an ex-boyfriend was beaten to death, Hinds County Coroner Sharon Grisham-Stewart said Friday.

Dianne Hearn's decomposing body was found Thursday in an area off of I-20 west of Bolton. Her wallet and cell phone had been found earlier in the same vicinity.

Her daughter, Kathy Hearn said her mother's death was extremely violent, based on what the coroner told her. Most of the bones in her mother's face were broken, her neck was broken in several places, her ribs were broken and she had been stabbed about her face, shoulder and arms, Kathy Hearn said.

"She had defensive wounds on her arms and hands," Kathy Hearn said. "It's terrible. My mother had to suffer all alone."

"I can't stand to tell you these details," she said, "but I have to expose (the killer's) evilness. That is the only thing I can do right now and to take care of her."

Dianne Hearn's body was discovered after police already had charged her ex-boyfriend, George Affleck, 45, with capital murder in her slaying. Their reasons included finding evidence at Affleck's home and human blood in his truck and that Hearn was last seen with him.

A motorist who had stopped on I-20 east bound near mile marker 24 discovered Dianne Hearn's body Thursday night. The motorist and his passenger had gotten out to stretch and smelled a strong odor, according to police. They looked in the grass and discovered a female's body.

Dianne Hearn's wallet also was found in a similar fashion hours earlier Thursday in that a motorist happened upon it after he had stopped to get something that had blown out of the back of his truck.

Grisham-Stewart said the woman's body was in advanced stages of decomposition, and it had been at the location where it was found at least two days.

Kathy Hearn said a detective called her as soon as the body was found, and then she was asked on Friday for assistance in getting her mother's medical records.

The dental records confirmed her identity.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...n-beaten-death

Relation to Ben? :o

Kathy
    No relation to Ben.

Kathy
    Wondering why they are giving him all this time to find an attorney when he says he is pennyless? I provided credible info to the DA's office, the PD and their secretaries that he is not...Even gave them info that he sold his properties....I sit here waiting, waiting...MY mother's 61st birthday was supposed to be on Nov. 28th, 2011....She is dead and I cry daily while he sits in there living off of tax-payer money...Makes me sick. He murdered her on May 23, 2011...They caught him sitting in a blood filled house, burning eveidence, a 3 time convicted felon from Texas and NOTHING has been done to get this very painful, sad and tragic trial on the move. Waiting for him seems too nice for what he did to my Mother....but here I sit and wait...

Kathy, I am so sorry for your loss! I certainly understand your rage.

Affleck should go to trial about this time next year. More than likely there will be many pretrial motions especially if the DA seeks the death penalty (fingers crossed). Hopefully they will have a competency hearing so after conviction and sentence his mental stability will not be an issue.

Hang in there lady. You are more than welcome to share your views here anytime.

Kathy
    He had an arraignment today...he plead not guilty.

http://www.wlbt.com/story/16608399/a...ads-not-guilty

Thank you for the update Kathy! He certainly isn't going to admit guilt. At least he has 'found" an attorney. Hopefully the case will progress now.

The state is seeking the death penalty for an ex-convict accused of killing his former girlfriend.

George Affleck is accused of killing Dianne Hearn last May. He allegedly kidnapped Hearn from her south Jackson home and left her body on the side of Interstate 20 after murdering her.

After a status hearing in Hinds County Circuit Court on Thursday, Affleck's attorney, John Colette, said no trial date had been set. Another status hearing is also pending.

In January, Affleck pleaded not-guilty to capital murder and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

http://www.wlbt.com/story/17059656/d...dnappingmurder

Kathy
    Here it is, November 2012, and we are still waiting to go to trial. He (Affleck) and his attorney have had plenty of time to get their act together. Meanwhile, I and my family are still waiting for a date. This is very hard to deal with and there is no justice for my Mother. She would have turned 62 on Nov. 28th. Is there anything a victim's family can do to get this painful, brutal and bloody trial on? I do not want to hear about all of the details, but I will because he deserves to be put down like the detestable dog he is. Everyday I am thinking about it, everyday I am anticipating it, everyday I try to come to grips with it, everyday I carry the fact that she is gone forever, everyday I continue to carry an open wound of heartache and empathy for my tiny, sweet Mother, who died in so much agony. I miss her so badly that my heart is breaking daily....over and over again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information