Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Much of a Pain is the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals?

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    I don't think we take executions as a joke , i think the joke is that the DR inmates sit on DR for so many years, and that the joke is that the courts make rulings, 10+ years after the sentence was given.....I mean why are the courts even getting engaged, when the DR inmates date with death is approaching???? All the court appeals need to be addressed within 5 years after the sentence was handed down, not 10+ years later, it is so unfair to the victims families to have to wait for justice to be served, and to have to watch these murdering criminals make a mockery of our justice system to delay their sentence.....JMO.....

Rotlover
    The man who murdered my brother was sentenced to death in 1996. We are just now at the Habeas stage of the Appeals Process in the 9th Circuit Court. We have been waiting two years for the court to make a decision, and it doesn't look like it will happen this year either. In our case there is no doubt this man committed the crime of killing my brother. It is unfair to the victim's family members, and often feels like a slap in the face when the criminal seems to have more rights. No, it's not a joke to us; most of the time it is very painful. I was raised to be responsible for my actions, and that when I make choices to also be prepared to pay the consequences. Why should a murderer be held less accountable??

I share your views on the judical process and I´m often wondering about how impudently criminals stand on questionsable rights.

I see that the 9th have upheld the last two AZ death Sentences would have been done by GOP Picks>:pride:

Senior Member Frequent Poster PATRICK5's Avatar
    Expect to see more executions occur out of the 9th since the Supreme Court's crackdown on the Ninth Circuit last term in three important decisions: Walker v. Martin, Harrington v. Richter, and Cullen v. Pinholster.

http://www.crimeandconsequences.com/...initiativ.html

Sorry I made a hash of that last post I should have said where upheld by GOP Picks

Is it true that the 9th is so whacky that even the left-wing part of SCOTUS think they nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post

Is it true that the 9th is so whacky that even the left-wing part of SCOTUS think they nuts?
    To wit, what's been so remarkable about the US Supreme Court's slapdowns of the Ninth Circuit over the past few years is just how many of the decisions have been reached unanimously, which would obviously include the votes of the usually more defendant-friendly Clinton and Obama appointees.

I have been reading on Wikipedia that both Kennedy and Thomas think that the 9th should be split in 2 would that mean that one half would have to be renamed or would both parts be still be known as the 9th?

Yes, they are wacked...

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    I have been reading on Wikipedia that both Kennedy and Thomas think that the 9th should be split in 2 would that mean that one half would have to be renamed or would both parts be still be known as the 9th?
    Should such a split occur, one part would likely be re-numbered as the Twelfth Circuit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information