Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 U.S. states with the most executions

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Google it!
    Come on Heidi. Anyone can do that.

I want to get the perspective of someone who actually LIVES there!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKindExecutioner View Post
    Come on Heidi. Anyone can do that.

I want to get the perspective of someone who actually LIVES there!
    I don't live anywhere near the border of W VA, and don't think I have ever met anyone from W VA. Not sure if they know how to get off the mountain.

I just wanted to ask there's no danger that the outcry over Troy Davis will put off other states from carrying out Death sentences out?,is support for DP still strong in America Heidi?

Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    I just wanted to ask there's no danger that the outcry over Troy Davis will put off other states from carrying out Death sentences out?,is support for DP still strong in America Heidi?
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...-despite-flaws

64% of Americans still support capital punishment, it's not going away anytime soon.

As of Thursday morning, media outlets were reporting that 64% of Americans support the death penalty.

Rational thinkers understand there is an appeals process, and since Troy Davis lost every appeal based on the merits of his case and evidence against him they know Georgia did not execute an innocent man.

The death penalty isn't in jeopardy due to Troy Davis.

Thanks Heidi it was just some twit writing in the Times of London wrote that the Davis case would cause dout and quicken the end of DP in America he also said that public support in the US was falling so I was just checking this wasn't the case,Davis's cheerleaders in europe haven't been taking his death very well and have been acting like a bunch of spoilt kids who didn't get the outcome they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...-despite-flaws

64% of Americans still support capital punishment, it's not going away anytime soon.
    Support for the death penalty is typically even higher when specific cases or scenarios are asked about (e.g. Timothy McVeigh, serial killers, those who break into a house and rape and murder the woman inside, child killers, etc.). And, of course, this is what the American death penalty is really all about. It's not an option for just any murder but rather for pre-meditated murder with an aggravating circumstance(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Thanks Heidi it was just some twit writing in the Times of London wrote that the Davis case would cause dout and quicken the end of DP in America he also said that public support in the US was falling so I was just checking this wasn't the case,Davis's cheerleaders in europe haven't been taking his death very well and have been acting like a bunch of spoilt kids who didn't get the outcome they wanted.
    LOL..that's just a stupid redcoat who doesn't know what he's talking about! There was just a small but VOCAL minority of nuts here who protested the execution of Davis. A lot of it was driven by the anti-DP nuts in Europe like Amnesty International who somehow have the delusional idea that their crazy rules apply to us!

I'm very glad to hear that at least half of England SUPPORT the DP and some people are trying to bring it back there! At least you should have it for those who kill police and children under 10 or something! I mean COME ON!
    Last edited by TheKindExecutioner; 09-24-2011 at 11:08 AM.

I went on the Amnesty International website the day after Davis had his ticket punched let's just say what is seen can't be unseen.

And one other thing when the hell did Amnesty International go from doing good work for Russian Convicts in the USSR to Useful idots for Death row inmates?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information