Sarah Pitlyk (43)
    Allison Jones Rushing (38)
    Amy Coney Barrett (48)
    Allison Eid (55)
    Joan Larsen (51)
    Margaret Ryan (56)
    Diane Sykes (62)
    Kate Todd
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by johncocacola View Post
    Lagoa went to Columbia while Barrett went to Notre Dame and Trump has said he likes the Ivy League schools, even though I think it would be nice to have more justices who didn’t go to one.
    Thank you. We need less Ivy Leaguers in the courts and legislature. Ivy League is the Ivory Tower. It is the realm of ritzy and gilded elites, the innermost fold of the most exclusionary nucleus. If we are to really "drain the swamp" we would elect/and have our officials nominate more folks from state universities.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by johncocacola View Post
    Lagoa went to Columbia while Barrett went to Notre Dame and Trump has said he likes the Ivy League schools, even though I think it would be nice to have more justices who didn’t go to one.
    Lagoa is a Cuban American from Florida. She sounds like a good choice.

Barrett belongs to some weird religious group that believe in speaking in tongues and miracle healings. They also refer to their women folk as "handmaidens". The religious group known as "People of Praise" has also been accused of exerting undue influence over its members.

Barrett scares me.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

I’d guessing either Barbra Lagoa or Amul Thapar. They both would be good to get the liberal’s off President Trump’s back
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

NEW: Source familiar with WH vetting process tells me WH would like to announce SCOTUS nomination in the next ten days, before 1st Presidential debate & these 3 judges are getting serious consideration:

Judge Amy Coney Barrett
    Judge Barbara Lagoa
    Judge Amul Thapar

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Okay I've got enough info and I'm going to take a guess at the next pick for scotus. I chose Judge Barbara Lagoa.

Anybody else care to hazard a guess?

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Here are the women who have appeared on Trump's various SCOTUS lists:

Bridget Bade (54)
    Barbara Lagoa (52)
    Martha Pacold (41)
    Sarah Pitlyk (43)
    Allison Jones Rushing (38)
    Amy Coney Barrett (48)
    Allison Eid (55)
    Joan Larsen (51)
    Margaret Ryan (56)
    Diane Sykes (62)
    Kate Todd
    Sykes and Ryan are way to old. And rushing is sadly to young they would eat her alive, Todd’s got a Meir type nom written all over her so nope never, the rest are all good options though I’d prefer an appeals court judge over trial court more of a paper trial.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    I am going with Rushing. She is from North Carolina, which is an important state in the election too.

Also, let's not forget that Thomas was just a bit older when he was nominated by Bush sr and Rushing already went to through a confirmation for the Fourth. It's not as if she is some Alice in wonderland.

Rushing is way too young for the top job. We will see this upcoming week a nomination in place before President Trump when he will make his announcement.

Bade, Barrett, Eid, Lagoa, Larsen and Ryan are about average 50 years old. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were both in their early 50's when nominated and seated to the Supreme Court.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

More and more I’m thinking if Trump will go with a woman it’s going to be Lagoa the safest pick and she’s still very conservative. Her views are somewhere between Roberts and Scalia.

I think he throws Barrett out there to mess with the media. I don’t really think he’s got the intentions of nominating her but we’ll find out in a few more days.
    Last edited by Neil; 09-21-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread Information