Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court of the United States

A lot of FL heavyweights (including Ron DeSantis, Marco Rubio, Rick Scott, Matt Gaetz, and Pam Bondi) are urging Trump to nominate Lagoa.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    What are everyone’s thoughts on Bridget Bade?

She seems pretty solid on the DP and she could help Martha McSally.

I doubt she’s anywhere near the top of the list.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Bade is a little on the older side, has little connections or personal stories that’d rally the base, and while so far she’s been a solid right wing vote she’s light on a paper trial(was a magistrate judge before was mostly just pre trial motions/bail hearings). Barnett and Lagoa are the two most likely both are that golden age range, both have humble beginnings, both come from republican heaven areas, both have souls conservative records, and ones a POC while the other has children who are black.

In regards to McSally, I've been operating under the following assumption: While AZ is trending blue, it will likely still pull for Trump, and McSally should be able to ride Trump’s coattails to a win. If not, it's truly pathetic.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Arizona isn’t turning blue the dems there have just learned how to make themselves seam slightly center right not to mention the mysteriously found mailed ballots.
    Last edited by Shep3; 09-22-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Grassley and Gardner, two closely watched senators, are willing to vote on a nominee. With Romney the only wild card yet to speak, this likely secures the necessary 50 votes so long as McSally wins or the vote is held prior to November 30 - Romney voting yes would negate that variable with 51 yeas.

I think Trump is proclived to nominate Barrett, as he's long had his eyes on a SCOTUS seat for her for a while now. I do think Lagoa would be safer pick in being more likely to gain a potentially critical lame duck vote from Collins given her ambiguous statement primarily meant to save political face in a tough race, but I have a feeling that Trump will pick ACB and, at this point, virtually any nominee has pretty much the same odds anyway.

Now watch if Barrett were some how to be seated she does a complete reversal on the death penalty. Everyone on here is praising her which is to be expected. However, in this environment especially with strong pro life conservatives. I don’t trust her to keep being strong on that issue. Mike DeWine is a prime example of what could possibly happen to Barrett in the future.
    Last edited by Neil; 09-21-2020 at 10:10 PM.

She clerked for justice Scalia and she’s been on the record voting to allow executions. She’s also stated gun control is unconstitutional which flies in the face of the type of pro life catholic you are thinking of. Honestly this whole thing is stupid as it is tied to one paper written over twenty years ago and the passage about the death penalty wasn’t even written by her but the co author.

GOP Senators Collins and Murkowski have said they're opposed to holding a confirmation hearing at this time, However, I don't know whether they've said that, if a hearing ends up being held despite their wishes, they would actually vote against the nominee. In other words, I'm not sure whether they will really be "no" votes once the nominee makes it through committee.

Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread Information