Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court of the United States

Yes Tupac was convicted of rape
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Yeah no offense but I don't think a degenerate gangbanging thug's opinion is worth anything on any political issue.

Also last time I checked you need a man to create as well. Last time I checked you needed a man's genetic material to initiate a pregnancy.

Edit: Check Tupac's Wikipedia article. He was convicted of abusing a woman. Such a woman respecter!
    The point was that it doesn't matter what a thug rapper from the 90's thinks, nor does it matter what you or any man thinks.

Whether you are a pro-choice or anti-abortion male, you have no right to comment or make decisions on women's rights.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Well, a woman just said it isn't a constitutional right and you aren't living in this country, so your opinion means even less.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Yes will, I'm sure some industrious Canadians will open up several low-cost abortion clinics near your border. That should help several thousand American women a year.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

If you read my post above yours, you know that my reaction is quite lukewarm and that I am ambivalent. My point about Tupac stands - if you want to invoke a pro-choice/pro-abortion quote, there are people far more intelligent and respectable with arguments far more cogent. My own animadversions were far more convincing.

The fact remains that pro-choicers, however, rely on highly flawed arguments. These autonomy arguments cannot survive any serious scrutiny, owing to glaring inconsistencies. Does a woman have the right to commit infanticide? Of course not.

Murder of a pregnant woman can be classed as double murder. Ariel Castro, of the notorious Ohio kidnapping case, was convicted of murder for deliberately causing miscarriages in the women he abducted, raped, and held captive. He isn't known to have killed a born person. So we've established that a fetus can be murdered, and that the act can be punished as such. So why is it magically different in an abortion. A mother would not be allowed to murder a born child, and we've already established that a fetus can be murdered. What is the moral difference. Pro-abortion folks claim it's different because a fetus can't survive on its own, but a neonatal can't either, and murder of a neonatal by a mother would be punished as murder. There are not medical exceptions to murder.

To be sure, I in fact do feel sad that many women feel like second class citizens and that throngs are likely terrified for the future. But the fact remains that pro-choice arguments tend to be seriously flawed, and that such folks should rebrand their arguments to avoid the pitfalls of their moral arguments, focusing instead on practical ones.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Here's a fun fact. It is virtually impossible for a woman to get a late-term abortion in Canada. For years, women here have been sent over the border to have abortions, paid for by the provinces/taxpayers.

Also, where I live you cannot get the results of the sex of the baby until it is past the option for an abortion. This is because the South Asian community e'g. Chinese, Indian's etc abort female children by the thousands. In Vancouver on the west coast, the South Asian newspapers have ads from clinics in Washington State that offer cheap ultrasounds that tell you the sex of the baby. So then the Asian parents come back to Canada and get a free abortion, no questions asked.

These issues are what bother me with abortion. It's the unscrupulous people in the medical community that under the guise of women's right's perform abortion for profit.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    I’ll weigh in, I personally think there are more important issues for politicians to focus on than abortion, whether it’s preventing it or allowing it.

That said, I get why the GOP took this avenue, this will widen their advantage in the electoral college by making red and purple states redder and blue states bluer. At the end of the day, politicians make decisions that are based on politics and their motivation is to win and obtain power. I saw one conservative columnist refer this approach as “degrowth” and why Florida has remained a red leaning swing state for example.

U.S. Supreme Court's Breyer to retire Thursday, Jackson to be sworn in

By Andrew Chung and will Dunham
    Reuters

WASHINGTON - Liberal U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer will officially retire on Thursday, paving the way for President Joe Biden's appointee Ketanji Brown Jackson to be sworn in to the lifetime position to replace him, the court said on Wednesday.

Breyer, 83, has served on the court since 1994 and announced his plans to retire in January. He will retire at noon (ET) on Thursday shortly after the court issues the last of its rulings of its current term. Jackson is set to become the first Black woman to serve on the nation's top judicial body.

"It has been my great honor to participate as a judge in the effort to maintain our Constitution and the Rule of Law," Breyer said in a letter to Biden.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-sup...n-in-1.5968108

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Who will swear in on the proceedings for Justice Jackson, Sleepy Joe Biden or Heels Up Harris?
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread Information